Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite place to camp?

List your favorite place to camp and why you like it.
    "I see dead people"

Gettysburg Campground. Nice campground, well shaded, plenty of room on every site. Owners will go out of their way to please. Lots of stuff for the kids. Battlefield is right around the corner. Good eats downtown...

Tom

3. Banned
    I like Kerr Lake primarily. Mainly go to Hibernia Campground. I just purchased my camper last year and have stored it at Wert's Boat and Camper Storage near Hibernia since the purchase. I Bass fish various tournaments on Kerr Lake and find it very convenient to have a place to stay at the water's edge.

4. Member
    Chautauqua Lake.

Great fishing on Chautauqua and Lake Erie 15 miles away.
    Spring and fall steelhead on the Erie Tribs.

Chautauqua Institution.
    Wineries everywhere.
    Close to Niagara Falls.
    Great food.
    Nice area.

I noted the Gettysburg comments. I am a Gettysburg fanatic and I visit the battlefield frequently. That is another great area.

State College or Bedford County Pa is another great area. First class trout fishing for both stocked and wild trout about. Beautiful area.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    At a friends place on Lake Fork. He has 3 camper sites with water and electric down by the water. I get the closest to the water.

6. Member
    Crystal Isles, Crystal river Fla. We are going down next week. We leave the rig and boat there all summer. Go scalloping 4-5 days a week. They have all the regular immentities plus a boat ramp and slots on the water. This will be our third year and have made great friends each time. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Kids have a blast. They have off duty Deputies on site from dusk to dawn to enforce the 2300 quite rule.

7. Member
    North Bend Camp grounds at Kerr Lake.
    Site are large and well keep.

Camped last week at Hunting Island State Park. Great beaches that are not over crowded. Lots of things to do or just sit back and relax. We had 4 deer that would come by our campsite every evening. The last morning, I was out cooking breakfast when this guy came by to help out. (for more photos, check out my blog: http://dtaylortravels.blogspot.com/ )

Last edited by TightLip; 06-02-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    "I see dead people"

9. Member
    Kendall Recreation Area near Jamestown, Ky., great fishing where the Cumberland River comes out of Cumberland Lake at Wolf Creek Dam. You have the option of fishing the lake or river, shaded, laid back, best kept secret in the country. I camp there 2 weeks in early May and 2 weeks during the end of Sept. You won't be disappointed if you can get a site that is!

Guntersville State Park. Great fishing ,swimming and hiking. Not to mention just a gorgeous place.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

11. Banned
    Our favorite place to camp is Unicoi Springs Camp Resort--a member owned deeded operation. It's about 90 miles NE of Atlanta at Helen, Georgia. The Appalachian Trail is on a 4500' mountain across the road from us. We have 2 pools, 300 campsites and a huge common building. With 25 rental trailers and 4 cabins, many campers don't even own RV's.

It costs us $425 a year, and we can camp 14 days per month for free.

Many don't realize that North Georgia looks like The Smokies--with huge mountains. We're also 1 hour from great shopping and other big city amenities.

12. Member
    Don't tell everyone Bamaman, can't get through town for the transplants now here in Blairsville!

13. Banned
    I'm stuck living in Fort Mill KOA (SC) for the next week or two. Inbetween houses as we sell ours and waiting to close on the new house.

It's ok. For now, I guess. Full hook ups, place is clean, laundry room that works, decent WiFi and free cable. Could be worse.

14. Member
    Table Rock Lake, Campbell point campground. Waterfront sites, excellent scenery, HUGE bluegills there on their beds in early summer

Mueller State Park in Colorado. Waking up to bugling Elk near the west side of Pikes Peak is hard to beat.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYE View Post
    Table Rock Lake, Campbell point campground. Waterfront sites, excellent scenery, HUGE bluegills there on their beds in early summer
    It's hard to beat Table Rock
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

17. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm with you about Table Rock Lake, here are the two I've stayed at Baxter State Park and Brushy Creek both have water front, never stayed at Campbell so I'll have to check that out. Lake O' the Pine, TX also has a Brushy creek and has nice lake side spot. Amistad Lake has an AFB if you happen to be military you can stay at. Nothing fancy but nice prices.

18. Banned
    dale hollow dam site for me. im right on the obey so i can trout fish and im only minutes away from dale hollow

Bruton's Branch state park on Pickwick. It's more about being with the family though than the amenities as it is primitive, no hook ups with a bath house on site. Best thing about the sites is you can camp right on the water and normally get enough breeze at night to sleep well. My family has camped on Pickwick every July since as long as I can remember.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Right now pretty much any Corps campground ..... good deal for us old fogies......That may change if I get some solar installed.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast