Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Bruton's Branch state park on Pickwick. It's more about being with the family though than the amenities as it is primitive, no hook ups with a bath house on site. Best thing about the sites is you can camp right on the water and normally get enough breeze at night to sleep well. My family has camped on Pickwick every July since as long as I can remember.
    I once took my boat down from Wilson Lake to Bruton Branch to camp with friends from Memphis. To say the crowd was tough would be an understatement. At midnight, they were chasing each other through the campground on motocross cycles. That end of the county is essentially without law.

For my money, I'd be across Pickwick Dam at Pickwick Landing State Park campground. Or, even at J.P. Coleman State Park on Bear Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I once took my boat down from Wilson Lake to Bruton Branch to camp with friends from Memphis. To say the crowd was tough would be an understatement. At midnight, they were chasing each other through the campground on motocross cycles. That end of the county is essentially without law.

For my money, I'd be across Pickwick Dam at Pickwick Landing State Park campground. Or, even at J.P. Coleman State Park on Bear Creek.
    Are you sure that wasn't Dry Creek, we quit going there just because of the bikes and buggies running all day and night. Brutons is a state park now and patrolled by park rangers, and even has a host camper during the busy times. Off road vehicles are prohibited. The reason we like it better than the state park is because you can camp on the water. We do lot's of swimming and boating so it's more convenient to be right there.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Banned
    This was back when Bruton Branch was a state run recreational area--not a state park. I didn't know it'd ever been made a state park, but I'm glad the park rangers are patrolling it now.

When you get west of Waterloo, things have a tendency to get a little different. I was talking to a guy once on a 4 wheeler, and he was 20 miles from home--running the county roads without a helmet even.

4. Member
    Roaring river state park, once a year to fish for trout

5. Member
    Rollins pond campground. Been going there for as long as I can remember and now that I got my girlfriend into tent camping we go every year together. Lake placid and the Olympic venues are about a half hour drive. High peaks region is about the same drive. You're about 5miles set back into the woods and is extremely quiet. Bass fishing ain't too bad either

Anchor Down in Dandridge, TN. It's on Lake Douglass, nicest RV park I've been to a the view is hard to beat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TightLip View Post
    List your favorite place to camp and why you like it.
    Any Virginia State Park ...... CABIN

I am so past the Tents and long walks to the showers.....smdh
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Anchor Down in Dandridge, TN. It's on Lake Douglass, nicest RV park I've been to a the view is hard to beat.
    In the RV world, this campground is getting high accolades. We dropped by on a trip to Gatlinburg, and I'll admit it's a really beautiful facility. And you're right about the Smokies being to the south--absolutely beautiful.

9. Member
    Oceanlakes Family Campground Myrtle Beach SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12