Thread: Got out

Got out

Well, today I cashed out my positions. I decided that I will put that money towards debt and eliminate some interest while building equity. I got too nervous about the market and where things stand. I see more potential for the market to go down as opposed to increasing. It was just my play around money anyhow.

I played around for about a year and broke even(up 1%), so I don't think this game is for me.

2. Member
    Can't go wrong paying off debt.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I did the same thing several years ago and don't regret it one bit. Debt sucks.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    whew...

5. Member
    Now if you can keep paying yourself what the debt was costing you its an easy to reap the return of whatever the interest on the debt was. If the market is not for you put it in the bank and get their .5% on top of what the interest rates were on the debt and its probably a pretty good rock solid investment.

6. Member
    Last edited by tj; 08-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Now if you can keep paying yourself what the debt was costing you its an easy to reap the return of whatever the interest on the debt was. If the market is not for you put it in the bank and get their .5% on top of what the interest rates were on the debt and its probably a pretty good rock solid investment.
    I wasn't able to pay it off, just knock down the principle that I was paying interest on. An extra $65 from my regular payment now goes towards the principle instead of interest. Any extra funds get thrown at it until it is gone. My family's total debt is north of 250k with the house, car, boat, and student loans. I can't wait until the day it is all gone!

Just what I've been waiting for - a correction.. Need it to correct about 20-25% more...
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Can't go wrong paying off debt.
    Exactly, its the best way to go.