Mercury tilt limit module

2012 150 Optimax ser# 1B914695. Boat came from factory with a tilt limit module I have tried multiple times to set the tilt limit module following the instructions provided, has anyone ever come across a module that is defective? Is it possible to clear the memory and start from scratch?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What procedure are you using?

On most of them... connect the two orange wires together, tilt engine up to desired max angle, and disconnect the orange wires (reinstall caps if you have them).

Does your TRIM GAUGE work properly/consistently? The trim sender must be working consistently for the limit module to function properly....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Connect orange wires key off set height disconnect orange wires then do same with key on, trim gauge seems to be working as it should.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Is the module just not limiting at all (or what exactly is occurring)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I am trying to get the limit set higher, I run through the procedure setting the key off and key on limits, when I unplug orange wire engine tilts up to the old set point not the one I adjusted it to.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You've got a PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You've got a PM.
    So, what happened? I have the same problem. Can I have that PM too?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    What procedure are you using?

On most of them... connect the two orange wires together, tilt engine up to desired max angle, and disconnect the orange wires (reinstall caps if you have them).

Does your TRIM GAUGE work properly/consistently? The trim sender must be working consistently for the limit module to function properly....
    I'm trying to reset my trim on my 90 mercury tiller, but I only see 1 orange wire that says calibration. not sure where the other end is. your thoughts please.

9. Member
    Mike you need to open a new thread your own engine in the appropriate forum, one above this one if not a 4-stroke, and if a 4-stroke, 2 below this one. Topics/threads are limited to one engine to prevent post hijacking and engine serial numbers are required.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax