Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Cool New Headlight For Your Bass Boat

Check out this cool new LED headlight that can be mounted to either Minn Kota or Motor Guide trolling motors!

2. Banned
    how it this one different from the rigid or bluewater offerings?

Not a fan, since some guys drive around the launch site with this on... blinding everyone else.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Not a fan, since some guys drive around the launch site with this on... blinding everyone else.
    Exactly! They could potentially be a useful tool, but the ones that already own them have proven they don't know when to use them and more importantly, when not to use them.

Never mind that such a light is illegal when under power in many places. In remote places after dark it might have a use, or pulling into your lake boat house.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I agree.It is illegal to navigate with lights on that blind on coming traffic.When using this light while fishing,my guess,it would blind people for a long distance.People miss use docking lights on pontoons all the time.The old Astroglass bass boats had headlights under each side & I bet they were miss used also.

That like these damn lifted 4x4's with led light bars driving behind me blinding me. Once there lights are off it still takes the eyes a good minute to focus again people can put whatever they want on there boat or trucks but once im impaired and cant see then its an issue
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    That like these damn lifted 4x4's with led light bars driving behind me blinding me. Once there lights are off it still takes the eyes a good minute to focus again people can put whatever they want on there boat or trucks but once im impaired and cant see then its an issue
    Yeah the power of the sun in one little light bar.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Never mind that such a light is illegal when under power in many places. In remote places after dark it might have a use, or pulling into your lake boat house.
    I run lights at night on Kentucky Lake while running during duck season. The red/green lights are not much help looking for logs. Never had a warden or a water patrol tell me that my go-light was illegal.

Here is your Kentucky regulation. Decide for yourself if you think having a white light displayed on the bow of the boat is legal.

NAVIGATION LIGHTS

All vessels when underway between sunset and sunrise must display proper navigation lights. Navigation lights on boats are restricted to the colors of red, green and white.
    From sunset to sunrise in an area where other boats navigate, all vessels at anchor shall display a steady white light visible 360 degrees at all times. Manually propelled vessels shall carry a white light to display in sufficient time to avoid a collision.
    The purpose of the red and green navigation lights at night is to show if your boat is in a meeting, crossing or overtaking situation. The red and green lights must be displayed from sunset to sunrise whenever a boat is underway. They will give some indication of the size and speed of vessels. The red and green bow lights are especially helpful in determining right of way in crossing situations. In the diagram below, boat B sees the green bow light of boat A, and has the right of way to continue on course. Boat A sees the red bow light of boat B and must stop or pass astern of boat B. In special circumstances, such as towing, refer to 33 CFR 83 (Inland Navigation Rules).

11. Member
    It's all about looking cool! I thought BBC new that the coolest looking guys at the ramp are always on good fish. I might put these all around my boat so people think I'm a UFO going down the lake.

12. Member
    When used correctly they can really help. Like rolling up to the loading dock after 4th pf july watching fireworks on the river. Prevent boat damage. The allisons have a foot button like the high beams on old cars. And can be angled from the drivers seat so not to blind people.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    When used correctly they can really help. Like rolling up to the loading dock after 4th pf july watching fireworks on the river. Prevent boat damage. The allisons have a foot button like the high beams on old cars. And can be angled from the drivers seat so not to blind people.
    And that im ok with.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

14. Banned
    What would be better and more costly would to put in a Flir for the headlight and link it to your fishfinder display to view while underway.

15. Member
    Not many bass boats in my part of Ky that don't have headlights. I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for it.
    Gambler 2100 dc

I run with my bluewater spot lights all the time at night. I would rather you see me and me see everything when on plane. Besides, its a requirement when fishing with the club i am in.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

17. Mike Lamb
    anyone have pictures of how they have it set up on bassboat? looking at putting light on my boat for the night tournaments.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

18. mikesxpress
    This one is easy.

Your violating rule 20 of the USCG Navigation Center if your displaying any additional lights besides the required navigation lights. This was a question on my captains test.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=Rule20

RULE 20: APPLICATION (a) Rules in this part shall be complied with in all weathers.
    (b) The Rules concerning lights shall be complied with from sunset to sunrise, and during such times no other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights which cannot be mistaken for the lights specified in these Rules or do not impair their visibility or distinctive character, or interfere with the keeping of a proper look-out.
    (c) The lights prescribed by these Rules shall, if carried, also be exhibited from sunrise to sunset in restricted visibility and may be exhibited in all other circumstances when it is deemed necessary.
    (d) The Rules concerning shapes shall be complied with by day.
    (e) The lights and shapes specified in these Rules shall comply with the provisions of Annex I [to these Regulations / of these Rules].

I agree that the use of a white light(s) for docking or loading is a great idea but not while underway.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    What would be better and more costly would to put in a Flir for the headlight and link it to your fishfinder display to view while underway.

This system is standard on the Charger 210 Elite. It is both Flir and IR. Can't wait to get it on the water.
    I got nothin

20. Member
    Why is he wearing sunglasses in a dark room?...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast