Talon help please

One of them won't deploy past stage one (4feet) it's the 12 foot. I took cover off and flushed inside but no help. Slightly pulled on Spike while being deployed no go there either. It would come down a few inches when I pulled but that's it. Any suggestions?? Don't have box for it, so what should I use if I have to ship it to a dealer to fix?
    2021 phoenix 721 proxp
    250 mercury 4stroke

2. Member
    I also tried to manually lower the talon but that bolt wouldn't move. It moved when it was deploying and retracting with the remote. But couldn't budge it with wrench.
    2021 phoenix 721 proxp
    250 mercury 4stroke

While this may sound bad; by any chance did you look to insure you were trying to manually retract it in the correct direction. They have a sticker at that bolt showing which direction...

Instead of the dealer....I would ship it back to MinnKota for service. I called them and they gave me the address to send it to. They overhauled it and had it back to me by the next week.

4. Member
    Another thing you can check is in the top there is a contact point that may be broken. The part was called the Piston with magnets ASM item # 42... Mine would deploy but not retract and that was the problem it had broken and once I removed just the magnets it worked fine until Minn Kota shipped me a new unit. Call customer service and they will help you trouble shoot it.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    If you do return it, ship it back to Minn Kota, the dealer will have to do the same. John Jones is a certified repair facility you might ask his opinion and hes a board sponsor as well.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    All the service centers should be able to work on the Talons. It is under warranty, so I would get it to a service center.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    All the service centers should be able to work on the Talons. It is under warranty, so I would get it to a service center.
    John
    Dropping it off at one Saturday.
    2021 phoenix 721 proxp
    250 mercury 4stroke

8. Member
    Update: service dealer I dropped off to 3 weeks ago can't fix it. They have not taking one apart and said there are way to many tiny pieces to try it. They don't want to mess anything up more. Calling minn kota tomorrow. There is another service dealer about 30 minutes from me but trying to get in touch with him is impossible. Won't return calls or emails from 3 weeks ago.
    2021 phoenix 721 proxp
    250 mercury 4stroke

9. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjay View Post
    Update: service dealer I dropped off to 3 weeks ago can't fix it. They have not taking one apart and said there are way to many tiny pieces to try it. They don't want to mess anything up more. Calling minn kota tomorrow. There is another service dealer about 30 minutes from me but trying to get in touch with him is impossible. Won't return calls or emails from 3 weeks ago.
    to manually extend or retract you must put the talon in that mode , it's in the directions how to put it in manual mode to use a wrench, try that first. It might lower then could just be something got stuck up in it hopefully it will clear.

10. Member
    I have the same problem any chance you can tell me what the fix is and parts I need

11. Member
    As John said. Service Centers are suppose to be able to work on the Talon. It is not recommended that an individual try to take it apart to fix, because unless you now how to take it apart and have the right tools you are asking for trouble. In the end you will be sending it to an ASC to put back together. I am sure is you are not satisfied with a dealer then you can call Minn Kota and explain your situation.

12. Member
    My new BT talons both for some odd reason would drop no more than a few inches. And when I retracted them once up would beep a few times. So in the garage I deployed them and helped by pulling on the spike one wouldn’t budge but the other went fine with help. After that I sprayed it heavily with wd40. Seems to work perfect now. The other that was really stuck I gave the spike a little twist and it came loose. Lubed it good and all works now. Not sure what happened cause there is no signs of debris and odd how both talons operated the same.
    Nitro z21