Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Member
    As far as Michael Shank--

1. I loved him in Stargate SG1
    2. I'll stick with Scripture. Mark this: Only Scripture can turn a heart. It is the vehicle to faith chosen by God. God can be found anywhere--even in the voice of a donkey. BUT--He has only promised to be found in one place, Scripture. That's where we should look for Him.

2. Member
    They call it the "Church Militant" because it is at odds with Christ due to sin (not in perfect harmony). Being at odds with Christ makes us at odds with each other (person to person, denomination to denomination). Heaven will have perfect harmony with God and each other.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    (Israel's Civil and Ceremonial Law are no longer in effect)
    Sorry, I am not familiarcan you clerify please.

4. Member
    To answer: Ancient Israel was governed by three sets of laws; Moral (10 Commandments), Civil, Ceremonial (Temple). The Ceremonial (Temple) law has been replaced by a new covenant--Christ, the perfect High Priest (mediator) and perfect sacrifice. Ancient Israel's Civil laws no longer apply because that nation no longer exists (The current Israel is a product of politicians in the 1940's post WW2). The Moral Law (10 Commandments) stands forever. Liberals like to mix the three laws and then declare, "See, see, the Bible is in error."

My point is moral guides do not fluctuate or become relative as common in today's society. Parts of the church reflect this. The moral guides simply stand. A sin 3000 years ago is a sin today. Belief that a Savior would come (vantage point 3000 years ago) and belief that a Savior has come (vantage point today) are the same. The descendants of Abraham are descendants by faith.

MN1965-We live in a time when good is portrayed as evil and evil as good (Isaiah 5:20). Cut thru all the misinformation and go to the source of truth; Scripture. "Surely the people are like grass. The grass withers and the flowers fade but the word of God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 08-09-2016 at 08:35 AM.

5. Member
    [QUOTE=msethsmile;7584110]To answer: Ancient Israel was governed by three sets of laws; Moral (10 Commandments), Civil, Ceremonial (Temple). The Ceremonial (Temple) law has been replaced by a new covenant--Christ, the perfect High Priest (mediator) and perfect sacrifice.

Ah religion is a wonderful thing. I believe you can sum it all up into Romans 10

6. Member
    "Righteousness from God" Rom 10, Rom 3--is the basis for the Reformation (500th anniversary coming up) and indeed all Christianity from day1.

Not the actor. If youd look at it, theres actually a way to read a portion of the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    As far as Michael Shank--

1. I loved him in Stargate SG1
    2. I'll stick with Scripture. Mark this: Only Scripture can turn a heart. It is the vehicle to faith chosen by God. God can be found anywhere--even in the voice of a donkey. BUT--He has only promised to be found in one place, Scripture. That's where we should look for Him.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    Does a forum exist where religious issues can be discussed in a respectful, but analytical way without feelings being hurt?

Now, this is 9 pages and the majority of these guys are on the "same team" but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Now, this is 9 pages and the majority of these guys are on the "same team" but good luck
    Glad you dug this up doc.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

10. Member
    Wow......................

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789