looking to buy a motorhome and needs some advice

We are looking to buy a class A or class C gas powered motorhome. As with anything there are always certain model, engine, years to stay away from. We would like to pull the boat as well so something to keep in mind. We will only be taking a short 600 mike round trip a few times a year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Our budget is around 10k sits looking like mid to late it's maybe early 00 will be our years to purchase.

Thanks!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    We went from a class C Tioga Chevy chassis with a gutless 350 to a 5th wheel and a F350 dually. If it's just you and your wife a 26-30 ft. class C will do, if you get one with a slide out you'll enjoy it even more. The only thing I would suggest is to stay away from a Ford V-10 engine if you can, there's tons of them on the road but they are MAJOR gas hogs.

Thanks! I heard just the opposite about the V10...well from what I gather they are all gas hogs just the V10 seems to be pretty bullet proof. Right now we are leaning toward a C class with a slide out.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

My only experience with the V10 was in a 24' RV I rented several years ago. It actually got better gas mileage than I expected and I took it through the Blue Ridge mountains.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    My Tioga Montara 25K had the Ford V10 and I had no issues pulling my BassCat. The gas mileage sucked, but you don't get an RV expecting good gas mileage. The 25K had a slide which made it very roomy. It was a decent coach and I enjoyed it. It took up a lot of room in the driveway when not in use and ultimately we ended up downsizing to a Class B.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com