Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    What electronics and limiter is on that 280?

it will accelerate like a rocket ship with a 24

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Commander View Post
    So...you're one of the "ally guys" now?
    Well I'm a fast boat guy...Ally guy is a little much :-p.

90 5.0 - Not 260 electronics, 8600 limiter. Think it's the Motorola box, 2001 engine...you guys prolly know better than me lol.

3. Member
    Sounds like the "consumer" electronics as some call it, still has alternator?

since you plan to fish and run electronics that's prolly the best way to go to have good charging characteristics.

4. Member
    Yes still has the alternator, wanted it for the exact reasons you stated.

Admittedly I don't know the 2.5 stuff all that well but I thought the "consumer" box was a lower limiter, like 7800 or something like that?

Either way the motor is a virgin unventilated block that was recently refreshed by Diamond. Has top pinned pistons, some light chest cleanup and carbon reeds and is plenty strong!!

5. Member
    Consumer box is a 7750 limiter and the offshore boxes are 8250.

6. Member
    I thought it depended on the year for the limiter in them. Seems like I remeber two of my buddies having newer 280's with consumer electrics and 85 or 8600 limiters.

Inused to have the box by year/limiter chart somewhere. There have been a ton of different ones.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mstine06 View Post
    Consumer box is a 7750 limiter and the offshore boxes are 8250.
    That is correct.
    The only difference in the consumer and offshore power heads is the rev. limiter.

8. Member
    Got about 75 miles worth of seat time today on my home lake. What a great little boat!!

I got out late so the wind and boat traffic was up but she handles water really really well. Could hop pleasure boat wakes at 80, just kept the nose up with a little throttle then it skipped over most of them and lands soft of the other side. Wind kept me from making any high speed runs but it's got some power and is a hoot to drive. You really are connected to the boat and feel everything almost like a motorcycle.

Impressive first time out for sure. Pic on the way out there and then one on the water.

Last edited by npark; 05-21-2016 at 10:37 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    Got about 75 miles worth of seat time today on my home lake. What a great little boat!!

I got out late so the wind and boat traffic was up but she handles water really really well. Could hop pleasure boat wakes at 80, just kept the nose up with a little throttle then it skipped over most of them and lands soft of the other side. Wind kept me from making any high speed runs but it's got some power and is a hoot to drive. You really are connected to the boat and feel everything almost like a motorcycle.

Impressive first time out for sure. Pic on the way out there and then one on the water.

How do you like the SRT8? They are an awesome looking vehicle, and I imagine have no issues with towing.

10. Member
    It's a fantastic tow vehicle, I love it!! Lots of comfort and luxury, plenty of power both in the gas and brake pedals and very planted at speed and on a slippery ramp. Couple of things that most won't notice until they drive one is they have an EXTREMELY tight turning radius, as good as any car which is nice for towing and since there is no rear overhang it is all but impossible to jackknife it. Seriously great tow vehicle that is prolly overlooked by many.

Congrats Nate, sure is a good looking setup!!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    That is correct.
    The only difference in the consumer and offshore power heads is the rev. limiter.
    And an offshore powerhead didn't come with a flywheel cover installed! Lol

Hope you have a good holiday weekend and aren't working too hard!

13. Member
    Thanks Kenneth, I'll be there at the White, hope to see you there!! Have some cleaning I'll need to do to get it up to your level.

Hopefully I'll have a good handle on this thing by then in all different conditions. Prolly 40 miles on the Arknasas in swift current when I picked it up two weeks ago. Then 75 miles last Saturday in windy conditions and 65 today in some really really rough chop. I hope I can find some good water before July so I can leg it out a bit lol.

The more I look at those pics, the more I have to give you. It just looks cool. As of now I'm scheduled to be on-call for work the weekend of White River Rally. Going to try to work out a deal to have the weekend off starting on Friday. The only hard part is trying to find some bacon that can top that Hatch Green Chile

15. Member
    I had the identical boat and motor as you except mine was red and grey with an 8250 box......Rigged by Key Puckett. Radared 107 and GPS 105 with a 30 Hoss Triton IIRC....

16. Member
    GF - Thanks, that's a good goal/mark for me to shoot for. Need to find some good water and have a spotter before I push it. Ran it with a 24 Signature P4 this weekend since it was so rough and it was a beast in the midrange.

Kenneth - Any bacon is good bacon but the only I've had better than that hatch was some home cured stuff from a freshly slaughtered pig I went halves on.

Here's a pic from the water

17. Member
    Did someone say bacon?

18. Member
    GF - Thanks, that's a good goal/mark for me to shoot for. Need to find some good water and have a spotter before I push it. Ran it with a 24 Signature P4 this weekend since it was so rough and it was a beast in the midrange.

Kenneth - Any bacon is good bacon but the only I've had better than that hatch was some home cured stuff from a freshly slaughtered pig I went halves on.

Here's a pic from the water

Is that a comp pro, tournment or the drag ( which is the lite layup without a livewell) ?

19. Member
    tournament, was told it weighs 1025lbs. Based on the rough water from this weekend I think the weight is a nice thing.

20. Member
    tournament, was told it weighs 1025lbs. Based on the rough water from this weekend I think the weight is a nice thing.
    Thats what I had also, was told 950 lbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast