Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Another thought on only having the one outlet for two pumps.. you are limiting the amount of water they could pump out if you ever get in a bad situation.
    Have seen times when four pumps would not have been fast enough.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaz View Post
    Your boat comes with just the standard bilge pump. The automatic bilge pump is an upgrade. Check to see what was delivered with your boat or if it was used when you bought it. If there is only one bilge pump in the boat, most likely it's the standard bilge pump controlled by the switch only.
    You would be wrong about that I have a 2016 Ranger rt178 with auto bilge pump and i have only one pump

must be a little slow in Bethlehem, Pa tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    must be a little slow in Bethlehem, Pa tonight.
    Some issues are time less .

Can you post a pic of your pump ? There should be a test lever on it that you can lift the float up to test it, and it should be wired to a constant power source. Your switch on the dash should turn the pump on, and the auto should come on when there is sufficient water to trip the float switch.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Banned
    The floats on the automatics will stick if they sit too long, the test lever actually is just a tab hanging off the float. Its part of my routine now when I unhook the bank charger before I close my bilge to reach down and pull it up to make sure its loose and the pump kicks on. And yes the auto bilge is 12V direct and the backup is switched, if not the auto is useless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123