Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Tackle Warehouse rates it up to 1 1/2oz but Dobyns website says up to 1oz. What is the correct rating ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    Tackle Warehouse rates it up to 1 1/2oz but Dobyns website says up to 1oz. What is the correct rating ?
    Pretty sure mine says 1 1/2oz on the rod, but I haven't used anything near there to say if it works or not.

I caught quite a few fish over the weekend on this rod and it was more than up to the task.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

If you were going to fish lipless in Florida grass, would this rod be good for that?

4. Member
    I wish I could say for certain, but I have never fished in Florida. In the grass around here and on lakes like Clear Lake, I use the 765cb glass with a lipless and really like it. The 736 will rip it even harder, so I imagine it would be a great rod for the application. Maybe someone with better experience could chime in.

Yes, I own one and I believe it is a perfect rod for that specific situation. I have never thrown the 765, but in my opinion, the 736 Glass is money. I bought it for chatterbaits, but I throw traps in it also from time to time. Let's just say this, I'll be ordering another one solely for traps in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    Yes, I own one and I believe it is a perfect rod for that specific situation. I have never thrown the 765, but in my opinion, the 736 Glass is money. I bought it for chatterbaits, but I throw traps in it also from time to time. Let's just say this, I'll be ordering another one solely for traps in the future.
    Thank you very much for this information, this helps me a ton. The other rod I'm considering is a 706CB but it is a graphite rod. I have read pros and cons to glass over graphite and I'm intrigued to try glass but want to get as much information as I can before dropping $250. Thanks again

7. Member
    You might check the Dobyns store on the website under the mislabeled rods section. You might be able to pick up one cheaper there.

8. Member
    I would definitely lean towards the 736cbglass over the 706cb. The 736cbglass really diminished a lot of the cons usually associated with glass, but keeps a lot of the upside.

736CB Glass it is, thank you all for your insight. I've been using G Loomis but I'm excited to throw a Dobyns, I have a feeling it won't be my first and last from reading how everyone loves them

I think you really enjoy this rod. I have it but it's a mismarked 735CB that's really a 736. 170 shipped was a great price too. Great for Chatterbaits and ripping traps through grass. These Oklahoma waters don't have near the grass like Florida does, but it works well here. For as big and clunky of a rod it is, surprisingly it balances very well. I have a Core 100MG on mine

Quote Originally Posted by rockchalk06 View Post
    I think you really enjoy this rod. I have it but it's a mismarked 735CB that's really a 736. 170 shipped was a great price too. Great for Chatterbaits and ripping traps through grass. These Oklahoma waters don't have near the grass like Florida does, but it works well here. For as big and clunky of a rod it is, surprisingly it balances very well. I have a Core 100MG on mine
    It balances well, and I am very impressed with its sensitivity being that it's a glass rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    It balances well, and I am very impressed with its sensitivity being that it's a glass rod.
    I agree. I spent a few hours on table Rock last spring jigging chatterbaits like a football jig. Granted I was using braid, but it was pretty dang sensitive for glass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12