Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks for the pics... Best ones I've seen yet
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

2. Member
    And thanks to Blueultra for posting them, like I told him, I think I could mount a power pole easier than I could figure out picture posting, maybe some day I'll figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    Thanks for the pics... Best ones I've seen yet
    2015 RT188 / Optimax ProXS 115

So it definitely does not use the existing threaded holes in the transom. shown blue arrows to circles.

Darn, oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why mount it on the starboard side? I think that is even where the factory mounts it. Looks like it would be better on port side when you are driving by yourself it would distribute the weight better.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

5. Member
    mounted my talon to a power pole bracket today will be trying it monday rt188
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saweet....the only thing im wondering is if you could put the tilt bracket on it.it looks a little low to tilt?
    115 PRO XS

My boat is sitting at the dealer getting my brackets put on now. TW said their sale would start friday. Hoping to get a deal on a couple sportsman II's

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    Saweet....the only thing im wondering is if you could put the tilt bracket on it.it looks a little low to tilt?
    yes the bracket is a little lower than i like, probally can not tilt i may make a modification to bracket, i will try it the way it is for now

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    yes the bracket is a little lower than i like, probally can not tilt i may make a modification to bracket, i will try it the way it is for now
    It looks good... Let us know how it works out
    115 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    I'll be looking for your review on the bracket and Talon combo.

Hey Sim32 what is the boat buckle for on your jackplate for which is seen in the first pic?

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

12. Member
    took the boat out today talon anchor worked good, if i had it to do over i would tilt the bracket upward toward the right side so it would mount a little higher, but it works now, but i had to raise the talon up all way in bracket to get it 4 inches above bottom of boat

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Hey Sim32 what is the boat buckle for on your jackplate for which is seen in the first pic?
    That's to tighten up my custom cover. They quick release from the brackets mounted on the lower motor bolts, I took the cover loose for the pictures so it's just hanging there.
    2015 RT188 / Optimax ProXS 115

14. Member
    Guys, I am moving this one back TTT because for a while now I have been researching (including w Ranger) to get an official statement of what is 'legal'. I am also looking for options on the brackets as between Power Pole (direct), 2 dealers and various pics there seems to be quite a bit of variance on what people are doing. Even Power Pole recommended the sandwich bracket?? Same goes for the pumps, would prefer to keep in rear compartment....best options? Any updates to this situation or words of wisdom(PICS) are appreciated!!!!!

15. Member
    FYI - The two brackets I have been directed to are:

PKB M-2-3 Stb (I prefer this w NO drilling)

PKB T-2-N1-P

16. Member
    Me three, the second they ok two Power Poles regardless of the mount they ok I am in!

To the best of my knowledge the situation has not changed:
    One pole only
    Starboard side only
    No sandwich brackets
    No Talon
    No Power Pole Pro
    Nothing over the Sportsman II and only on the bracket mentioned.

Same story on the 198!

Please update if incorrect? Also beware of dealers willing to lie to the factory for you. If your boat ever has to be shipped back for anything you could be denied warranty coverage!

17. Member
    Thanks for the info, I suspect I will get that type of response but I want it from them in writing, cracking this code should not be so difficult the way they 'market' these boats.....tournament grade! Anyway, I am just a little frustrated with the process :)

Here was my initial question to them......

"I own a 2016 RT188 with the Suzuki 115 SS 4-stroke. I was curious as to the Ranger recommendations on whether to go with the PP / Talon as well as the optimum mounting style-position and internal wiring-pump mount positions-etc.I own a 2016 RT188 with the Suzuki 115 SS 4-stroke. I was curious as to the Ranger recommendations on whether to go with the PP / Talon as well as the optimum mounting style-position and internal wiring-pump mount positions-etc."

Here was the response....

"We have spoken with our Customer Service Department, 1 only Power Pole sportsman series is all that is allowed."

Totally insufficient for the engineer in me, especially if these hard, fast rules do exist in the fine print somewhere. I have reached out in a different manner and I think I am now connected to the direct sources in mfg to get a final answer.

18. Member
    Well please keep us posted!!

My dealer had twin Talon's and a sandwich bracket on order for me until I saw the news on here and had him call the factory and get clarification and even he seemed perplexed. I think they had already done a few installs of various anchors and were probably having an uh-oh moment.

Pretty silly on Ranger's part if you ask me. Like you said, it's not like they didn't know their market when they were building the friggin things!

19. Member
    I am still waiting in suspense for an official response on this from the mother ship!!!!!! I did take the time to read the warranty specifications(sent to me from a dealer that I think has used various installation tactics) and there is no specific reference to this situation.....

Will keep everyone posted

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryleb View Post
    I am still waiting in suspense for an official response on this from the mother ship!!!!!! I did take the time to read the warranty specifications(sent to me from a dealer that I think has used various installation tactics) and there is no specific reference to this situation.....

Will keep everyone posted
    Much appreciated bud!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast