Emerging Market Etf

Looking at SDEM and DEM. Invests in large cap dividend paying emerging market companies. This is a long term contrarian investment. The hope is to buy low, reinvest dividends and hope the world doesn't implode. It is risky but it seems to be the place with better value. Not going to take a big position but feel like it might be worth a shot given its price.

I use DEM and HIEMX. Dont be afraid of mutual funds. EM is an area where active management makes a difference.

3. Member
    Look at TEI.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

TEI is a bond fund. DEM is an equity fund.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMJM View Post
    I use DEM and HIEMX. Dont be afraid of mutual funds. EM is an area where active management makes a difference.
    If SDEM pays monthly and DEM pays quarterly do you think there is enough of a difference between the two funds to go with DEM? I was going to reinvest dividends and start out with a smaller position and let it build over time. Would the monthly one be better for that?

I look at a lot of things when reviewing funds, but monthly or quarterly distributions is not overly important to me. So i would not base your decision on that factor. That said, if someone relied on the monthly distributions for income, that is a different story.