Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2004 Procraft Boat trailer

I have a 2004 Procraft 192 SP that I bought new in 04. The trailer that it is on is a Procraft Trailer which I understand was built by Trailstar. My master cylinder started leaking and I took it to a place here in town that builds different types of trailers and carries parts for trailers . Not being much of a mechanic myself the guy was going to either rebuild the master cylinder or replace it Problem is he cannot find a mfg name on the master cylinder nor can he find anyone of his vendors that has or knows where to get parts for this trailer. Can anyone on here give me any help in finding parts or a mfg name for the master cylinder that was used on these trailers?

With help from another member on the trailer forum I now know what actuator is on my trailer and have located master cylinder kits at several online sites In case it would help anyone else the actuator is the Tie Down model 70lp The made one for disc and one for drum brakes. Rebuild kit for disc brakes is Part # 47267k.

3. Tennessee Football Basstronaut's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing! My trailer is in need of some attention as well. Cylinder and brakes are shot!
    2019 Old Town - Topwater 120 PDL, Powerpole Micro, Helix 7 Mega SI/DI/GPS

Previous Rigs:

2018 Weldbilt 1648V / Johnson 9.9. Helix 12 G2 Mega DI / Helix 5 G2 GPS
    1999 Procraft 205 Pro / Merc 225 EFI. HB 998 / 798
    2013 Tracker Pro 160 / Merc 25 Fourstroke. HB 958 / 798
    1994 Stratos 270 VF / Johnson 150 Faststrike.
    90's 15' ft. Sea Nymph / 2010 Merc 9.9. HB 598 / 570

Previous Kayaks:

2010 Ascend 10T / HB 60
    2013 Ascend FS128T (Pair)
    2017 Field & Stream Shadow Caster 125

I tell ya'll one thing trying to find anything out from Tracker Marine is useless Since I bought my boat in 04 I have contacted them on two different occasions trying to get some info. All I have gotten is the run around. I am retired now and doubt I will ever buy another new boat but if I do it won't be anything from Tracker Marine Group. Maybe it is only me but I feel they have the worst customer service I have ever tied to deal with.

5. Member
    Yep 192 I have the same boat and trailer same year ! I agree totally about tracker marine ! A couple of years ago I replaced master cylinder and changed to disc brakes. Will say though I really like the boat ! I too am retired now and hoping not to have to buy another. But allot of repairs on the trailer including welding. Will have to replace trailer next couple years.

Tohio my trailer had the disc brakes from factory and I have changed the pads before . Overall the trailer has held up well as far a the frame. Got the parts in and got the new master cylinder in and good to go. As far as the boat I have been very satisfied with it. I am retired as well and like you I plan on this being my last new boat unless something drastic happens to it. Needless to say it has a few scratches as will any boat if it gets fished out of but it gets wiped down after every use and waxed two to three times a season Still looks very good for a 12 yr old boat.

7. Member
    You and I have much in common. Mine to has a few scratches but wax a few times a year. Including wiping down after every use. Mine came with the xr6 it's a horse ! still runs strong few problems starting after being ran for a while. Been using startron this year seem to make a good difference. Don't know for sure but have pondered what a 200 hp would be like on it ? I also think me being a little anxious and pulling the boat on salted roads early and late in the year has caused some of my corrosion with trailer.

8. Member
    You and I have much in common. Mine to has a few scratches but wax a few times a year. Including wiping down after every use. Mine came with the xr6 it's a horse ! still runs strong few problems starting after being ran for a while. Been using startron this year seem to make a good difference. Don't know for sure but have pondered what a 200 hp would be like on it ? I also think me being a little anxious and pulling the boat on salted roads early and late in the year has caused some of my corrosion with trailer.

When I traded My Javelin in and got the Procraft in 04 the dealer had a 200 Opti 2.5 l. Xs a friend of mine had traded in for a 225 to go on his Allison. I had them put it on and ran it till Dec of 09 Good motor but it lacked the low end torque of the 3 litre 200 Opti so I traded it for a 200 Pro XS and added Smartcraft gauge. . I also added hydraulic steering and an 8" Detwiler hydraulic jackplate. Runs low to mid 70's with two people and lots of tackle in colder weather High 60's as weather gets hotter although I seldom run it much above 50-55 mph.

10. Member
    I know this is an old thread but im in the process of replacing the actuator. How did you guys get thos pins out that hold it in. I thought it would be a split ring or somthing similar but its not.
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

I had a guy at a trailer building place in town replace mine. So I am not much help aarchdale Sorry.

12. Member
    Thanks anyway. This thread was a lot of help anyhow to find the right part. I may just torch the pins off since the new one comes with new ones
    Andy

14. Member
    Put in the actuator and went to bleed the brakes and noticed the pads are pretty much gone. Any clue on a part number on pads
    Andy

I know I wrote the PN# down somewhere but haven't found it yet. If I find it I will post for you.

I never found my cheat sheet but did some looking on Trailer Parts Superstore web page and I believe the Dexter #K71-623-00 is the right ones for a single axle 3500 lb boat trailer May want to call or email dexter and check this out for sure before ordering them though.

17. Member
    Thank you, im going to pop them off tomorrow and take to the local parts store to start with to see if i can avoid waiting a few day for shipping. I also have a couple of trailer shops near by that work on trailers. If i get a part that works from a parts store ill post it up
    Andy

18. Member
    Pretty much at a stand still. Ended up needing new Calipers and the ones on it are no longer available. Cant find anything to cross reference with them either
    Andy

etrailer.com has dexter caliper for 3500 lb 10" hubs PN#K71-6400-00. Looks like they would work They ain't cheap but you can look them up and call dexter if you have questions about them fitting your trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast