Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    13 is coming out with a short frog rod. Nov 1st. google: icast day 2 flukemaster

muse MBC65H

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/13_Fi...cpage-ZOZ.html

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    The Falcon 6'11" Cara Jason Christie Frog rod. It's model CC-7-1611S.

I absolutely love mine.
    I. 2nd this, awesome frog rod

3. Member
    I'm 5'6". Whether walking frogs or walk the dog type baits, I've never felt that I needed to have the rod tip down. I know that certain regions of the country guys really feel and/or recommend a vertical, tipdown rod action for walking the dog or using ripbaits. I've tried these short rods (various mfg) & technique. Never felt like my bites or landing ratio ever increased.

After trying a lot of rods, I moved to a Dobyns 735C years ago. Found it to be a better combination of responsive tip for walking & power for getting fish in the boat. As noted above, I don't walk with the tip (vertical) down. It is more off at a downward angle for 'open' water situations. Heavier cover, it might be more tip up. If the line keeps getting hung up in the bed, it isn't walking effectively for me. Another issue is that I'll need to clear those extra weeds and slack when setting the hook.

I know a lot of guys like the more powerful Dobyns 736 around here (Cal Delta). I do own a 736 but prefer to use the 735. I don't think I've ever missed a fish where having the 736 would have made the difference.
    2003 520VX 225 Optimax

4. Member
    Has anyone tried the falcon christie line? They have a 6'11" in it. Cheaper version of the cara i assume

5. Member
    I'm 5'5 and I use the falcon Amistad rod.

6. Member
    Try a Powell Max 705

Im 5-9 ish and use the dobyns 735 or 736. sometimes if i am skipping it under overhangs but not heavy slop i will use a 684c champ . the 684 does not have as good of a tip as the 735for walking but the newer frogs make walking easier

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    The Falcon 6'11" Cara Jason Christie Frog rod. It's model CC-7-1611S.

I absolutely love mine.
    Awesome frog rod

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    Whatever you feel comfortable with. I'm 6'2" and hate anything over 7ft. Whoever came up with the rule that a flipping stick or frog rod has to be over that length is speaking for themselves or trying to sell you something.
    All my rods are between 6 1/2 - 7ft. If I fished a lot of topwater, I would get a shorter rod for walking the dog and other similar techniques. With my long arms, the end of my poles are always hitting the water and it bugs the heck outta me.
    I'm the same way. Even at 6'2 anything over 7 foot is a pain in the butt to deal with.

10. Member
    I'm 5' 8" and use an old Loomis MBR 784 C GL2 as my frog rod around sparse or medium thick cover. For me it's a good length for walking a frog and I don't have any trouble getting fish up and coming to me. I will say I don't make overly long casts with it though.

If I'm making longer casts or working heavy matted weeds, I use an older 7' heavy power, extra fast action, Shimano Crucial. It's a little harder for me to walk a frog with the longer rod, but as mentioned in an earlier post. I don't walk frogs on matted weeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12