Trailer Questions

Wife needs a trailer for her toon. Single or dual axle? Brakes? This will be for a Harris Cruser 200 with a 115. I think the toon is listed as a 20' with toon Length of 21'8". I want to assume a 22' trailer? What brand is good? Where do we get a good price for one at? Thanks in an advance for your input and sorry for so many questions.
    Eric
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

Better to ask a ZILLION Questions and get answers & even comments.. Buy Once the proper One.. I've never owned one, been on a few.. My vote for long term. is Dual & Brakes.. Brand and Price is up to you

3. Member
    Any toon over 20', get a double axle with brakes. Can't say for sure what brand is best. I have a Bear brand trailer under mine and it's been good for 9 years.

Rick

4. Member
    Thanks for the input.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

We have a 20ft G3 sun catcher and the trailer is a bunk style Shore Lander single axel no breaks and it works awsome no issues.

I would run run if they try to sell you a scissor style they are scary to trailer long distance.

look for my post I have a picture of it on the trailer
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

Just bought a 22' South Bay with a 115 Honda. I opted for a Haul-Rite tandem trailer with no brakes. I'm pulling it with a 2013 Sierra 4x4.
    So far, I haven't had a reason to need trailer brakes. The boat stays in the boat slip 90% of the time, and only gets trailered occasionally. Didn't want the added expense of brakes to have to keep serviced.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    II have been told that with full size trucks you really don't need brakes. Our concern is what tow vehicle will we have down the road. Currently we have a truck and Durango R/T. This pass weekend, we found a Mid American 22' dual axle with disk brakes. We put a deposit down on it. Don't think we made a bad choice.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Thanks for all of the information. We have a mid American trailer on order dual axel with brakes. They seem to be a quality trailer.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    My Berkshire rides on a Tennessee trailer, made around Chattanooga I believe duel with brakes, but its 25 ft.