weight difference

I hear a lot about weight difference of pp & talons had both like both. But had to ship 1 talon back for repair after boxing and packing a 10ft talon was 47 lbs. so 2 talons would be a little less than 90 lbs. Not sure what pp weight is but at least around 30lbs so that's about 30 lbs difference . what am I missing? Not trying to start a which one is better just thinking on a Saturday night .
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    This was from another post discussing weight in the Ranger forum awhile back. I just copy and pasted here to save rewriting..

Since I have seen some replies mentioning weight and some have said they are equal in weight except for the heavier Talon brackets ( not as heavy as mentioned). We will set the record straight.

Our heaviest model (10ft Blade) is only 35.7 lbs completely installed but only 27.7 lbs on the transom. The 8ft Blade is only 30.9 lbs completely installed and only 22.9 lbs on the transom.

If you are looking to really save weight, the Pro2 or Sportsman2 may be better at about 27 lbs installed and only 19 lbs on the transom for the 8ft models

Our side mount adapter brackets are about 5 lbs a piece or 10 lbs for a dual kit. There is an additional brace that is required for use with the 10 ft Blade only that will add an additional 2.5 lbs.

So lets take our heavy and most popular blade models for comparison to the equal length talon model. We will deal with on transom weight as that is what is important and will most effect a boats performance speed holeshot etc....

Duel 8 foot blades with a set of unbraced sidemount jackplate adapter plates.... on transom weight.. 55.8 lbs
    Duel 8 foot Talons with set of sidemount jackplate adpater brackets... on transom weight 116 lbs (more then double the on transom weight).. So a duel 8 foot blade Power Pole setup weighs a little under a single 8 foot talon setup.

Duel 10 foot blades with a set of braced sidemount jackplate adapter brackets.. on transom weight 80.4 lbs
    Duel 10 foot Talons with a set of sidemount jackplate adapter brackets.. on transom weight 126 lbs.. ( a 45.6 pound on transom weight difference.)

All Powerpole weights are verified, talon weights were taken directly from minn kota and are not personally verified.. Im doubting minn kota will post they are heavier then they actually are. If anything they are a little heavier. Now keep in mind we went with the heaviest of our 8 foot models.

We used 43 pounds as the weight of a 10 foot talon
    per minn kota, so id say your weight w packaging was spot on btw.
    This is a factual weight comparison it is not ment to be taken as a one is better then the other post.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-23-2020 at 12:29 AM.