Thread: Weight

Weight

Anyone know now the weight of the 8' talon or power pole. I've been thinking about getting one but my boat is already a bit heavy in the back.

2. Member
    Powerpole maybe 35 lbsish

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Our heaviest model (10ft Blade) is only 35.7 lbs completely installed but only 27.7 lbs on the transom. The 8ft Blade is only 30.9 lbs completely installed and only 22.9 lbs on the transom.

If you are looking to really save weight, the Pro2 or Sportsman2 may be better at about 27 lbs installed and only 19 lbs on the transom for the 8ft models.

Our side mount adapter brackets are about 5 lbs a piece or 10 lbs for a dual kit. There is an additional brace that is required for use with the 10 ft Blade only that will add an additional 2.5 lbs.

Please let me know if there is any other questions you may have.

I just added 2 Power Pole Sportsman 2s to my Basscat Sabre FTD and they had zero impact on my holeshot and top speed. I figure the pair were just under 70lbs and they allowed me to ditch my 20lb anchor that I never used anyways.

I've been running them for just over a week and they're awesome.
    2019 Bass Cat Caracal, Mercury 225 Pro XS 4 stroke

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

5. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I thought they would weigh alot more actually so I'm happy about that.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Shallo...Anchors/Talon/

Then click on model comparison to find the weight of each model.

7. Member

8. RickMo
    Hey, just a note, the Talon spec chart doesn't include the weight of the support bracket or a tilt bracket if you use one. I just installed dual 10' Talons on a Triton 21x and with a full fuel tank, live well on the Port side full, 5 fish, and No co-angler, it took a much longer time to plane out than I like. So my thought to adjust was to move trolling batterys forward. I have a 36volt system so if I move the 3 battery's it should counter the Talons. Any thoughts from others if that would help/work?

9. Member
    you need to make sure your talons are out of the water when you are on plane and not dragging.. they should be out of the water. makes a huge difference

If you have space moving one or two batteries. Try it. I wouldn't move all three 10' forward tho, unless you have the bow of the boat really high while your fishing.

11. RickMo
    TeamDaiwa
    Thanks, currently they do sit in the water about 2 or 3 inches..... I went by the Minn kota measurements of 4" minimum about boat hull .... but was concerned the whole time I was drilling the holes

Fishysam
    I actually have room and think if i moved 2 I might as well move all 3 just based on the way the wiring is set up but I dont know.
    So thanks for the advice .....

But I think I will try TD's suggestion first, I installed a 3/4 spacer in the Bob's Jackplate recessed area to allow side mounting and to get the bracket away from bolt heads.......and in so doing I was wondering if the anchors were too low. I will try to move them up a couple of inches.
    Last edited by Mozingor; 03-09-2017 at 06:23 PM.

The new 2017 Power Pole Pro series is under 30# total weight

http://www.power-pole.com/products/s...rs/pro-ii-cm2/
    Power Pole Staff
    Seaguar VIP
    Team Ardent Pro Staff
    WOO Tungsten
    Amphibia Pro Staff
    Hayabusa Fishing Hooks
    Keitech VIP
    Revital Outdoors Pro Staff
    Titan Lures
    Amsoil
    Lowrance State Team

JB's Fish Sauce
    Str8 Up Mounts Pro Staff

13. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I weighted my gen 2 talon 8' with bracket and it's 55lb's

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    I weighted my gen 2 talon 8' with bracket and it's 55lb's
    Does anyone know how much the 10' talon weighs??

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    This was from another post discussing weight in the Ranger forum awhile back. I just copy and pasted here to save rewriting..

Since I have seen some replies mentioning weight and some have said they are equal in weight except for the heavier Talon brackets ( not as heavy as mentioned). We will set the record straight.

Our heaviest model (10ft Blade) is only 35.7 lbs completely installed but only 27.7 lbs on the transom. The 8ft Blade is only 30.9 lbs completely installed and only 22.9 lbs on the transom.

If you are looking to really save weight, the Pro2 or Sportsman2 may be better at about 27 lbs installed and only 19 lbs on the transom for the 8ft models

Our side mount adapter brackets are about 5 lbs a piece or 10 lbs for a dual kit. There is an additional brace that is required for use with the 10 ft Blade only that will add an additional 2.5 lbs.

So lets take our heavy and most popular blade models for comparison to the equal length talon model. We will deal with on transom weight as that is what is important and will most effect a boats performance speed holeshot etc....

Duel 8 foot blades with a set of unbraced sidemount jackplate adapter plates.... on transom weight.. 55.8 lbs
    Duel 8 foot Talons with set of sidemount jackplate adpater brackets... on transom weight 116 lbs (more then double the on transom weight).. So a duel 8 foot blade Power Pole setup weighs a little under a single 8 foot talon setup.

Duel 10 foot blades with a set of braced sidemount jackplate adapter brackets.. on transom weight 80.4 lbs
    Duel 10 foot Talons with a set of sidemount jackplate adapter brackets.. on transom weight 126 lbs.. ( a 45.6 pound on transom weight difference.)

All Powerpole weights are verified, talon weights were taken directly from minn kota and are not personally verified.. Im doubting minn kota will post they are heavier then they actually are. If anything they are a little heavier. Now keep in mind we went with the heaviest of our 8 foot models.

16. Member
    I had talons for 6 years and they were very heavy on the back with the original brackets. I just switched to PP to see if that will help long term on my Xpress. I believe just feeling the weight difference it was a 50lb or greater weight savings by moving to PP
    2013 Xpress X19