Powerbilt AFO driver

Got one of these off eBay for $78 shipped brand new. Took it to the range today and holy crap does the ball fly.
    I had my Callaway FT optiforce 10.5 driver with project x lz stiff shaft (took the shaft out of a XR driver) to compare and I was hitting the AFO 10.5 regular shaft 10 yards or more farther.
    Only reason I got the driver is because it was cheap, the reviews surprisingly positive and thought what the hell.
    Anyone looking for a good cheap, long hitting driver you have to check this out.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

2. Member
    I bought one of these driver heads and a shaft and made a driver, I am not a long hitter at all but gained some yards

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Got one of these off eBay for $78 shipped brand new. Took it to the range today and holy crap does the ball fly.
    I had my Callaway FT optiforce 10.5 driver with project x lz stiff shaft (took the shaft out of a XR driver) to compare and I was hitting the AFO 10.5 regular shaft 10 yards or more farther.
    Only reason I got the driver is because it was cheap, the reviews surprisingly positive and thought what the hell.
    Anyone looking for a good cheap, long hitting driver you have to check this out.
    Mike have you had your AFO out on the course yet ??

Quote Originally Posted by John Br. View Post
    Mike have you had your AFO out on the course yet ??
    Had it out during league on weds and this past Saturday.
    It definetly has a large sweet spot. Pretty much anywhere on the face and the ball goes. I bought it with a regular flex (regretting it as of now) so I have to keep my swing smoother than I do when I hit my callaway with the stiff shaft. When I go after it it's a crap shoot on where the ball goes due to the regular flex. The ball goes long but sometimes not where I want it to!

5. Member
    I played with mine Sun. what I like about it is when you really hit the ball in the sweet spot the head hardly makes any sound at all, A freind of mine took it to the driving range and a couple of his freinds that are very good golfers tried it out, they both have Titelist drivers and hit mine better

6. Member
    find a shaft on E-bay and have someone install

Played tonight and hit it very well. I do love the sound of it or lack there of.