Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy 2017 - Last year for Stratos......

Been a great boat line. Too bad the business has changed like it has. If this has been posted already I apologize, just heard it from a long time Stratos dealer/dealership owner.... Sucks.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Been a great boat line. Too bad the business has changed like it has. If this has been posted already I apologize, just heard it from a long time Stratos dealer/dealership owner.... Sucks.
    Lets hope he is wrong!!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. BBC SPONSOR
    No kidding, lets hope hes wrong. they are the best boat out there IMO
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Don't think they would announce that a year in advance. It will likely disappear at the end of a model year, like right now. If they told dealers they were going to mothball the line at the end of the next model year, no dealer would order any from fear of getting stuck with obsolete boats. Not saying they won't kill the line in the future, just saying they won't tip there hand a year in advance.

5. Member
    Seriously? How accurate is your information? Just when I was looking at Stratos.

Man that sucks!!! it dose seem like it has been coming for awhile, I hope he wrong. Every boat I've owned up to now has been a Stratos, I have always thought they were the sharpest boats made, I just love the looks of the mid 90's models, sure will hate to see the brand go away.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

This is from a long time Stratos Dealership owner. Things can always change, but this is not something that is just an assumption on their part.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Is it possible? Sure it is. But we've only heard it from 1 dealer? I feel like if that was the word from on high we would be hearing it from more people across the country. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

This is from a long time Stratos Dealership owner. Things can always change, but this is not something that is just an assumption on their part.
    He must be trying to sell you a different boat. The old bait and switch!
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

I looked at the last Stratos 201 EVO left on the lot this weekend. Man, what a great boat!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I looked at the last Stratos 201 EVO left on the lot this weekend. Man, what a great boat!!!
    I about ordered one...good thing I didn't. sure are nice though.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    My dealer told me Stratos production was already halted.

13. Member
    Heard it today from my dealer also, looks like it really is over

I noticed he has all his current Stratos boats boats marked down.
    Good time to buy one if you were looking at them. The dealer will still service them, not like you will be left out in the cold unless it's a suspect dealer!

14. Member
    I have an 08 285 xl that I bought new. I wonder if something happens to the hull if JM will still warranty it?

15. Member
    So is there any word on if the molds / equip will be sold off ?? Economy being on the uptick it might be a good time for the mfg equip to be bought and a new line started by someone. Isnt that how Phoenix got started.

With that said it wouldnt surprise me if the stuff is destroyed just for that reason. Ranger / Nitro dont want competition .

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So is there any word on if the molds / equip will be sold off ?? Economy being on the uptick it might be a good time for the mfg equip to be bought and a new line started by someone. Isnt that how Phoenix got started.

With that said it wouldnt surprise me if the stuff is destroyed just for that reason. Ranger / Nitro dont want competition .
    I think it's very possible that they could be sold. Let's not forget that they sold the champion mold to Charger
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

17. Member
    They did not sell champion molds to charger! They were destroyed!

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    This thread was started 5/16/2016. Since then there has been no official word of Stratos being canned BUT I can let everyone in on little secret...I heard it from my brothers, sister in laws, nephews next door neighbors cousin that he was at a local bass tournament and overheard two guys on the dock talking about Stratos being canned. I have done some research and found out that someday there will be no more Stratos. They will stop production on a day that ends with the letter Y. Until that day gets here they are still in production.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    They did not sell champion molds to charger! They were destroyed!
    Then how is charger building the 210 elite? Did they just copy an old champion and make their old mold? Plus stratos used to own molds for the 210 elite since it was produced under the stratos name during it's final years.
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

20. Member
    Also i remember reading that when charger built their first 210 elite that they were able to acuire the champion molds but not the champion name
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast