Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    This thread was started 5/16/2016. Since then there has been no official word of Stratos being canned BUT I can let everyone in on little secret...I heard it from my brothers, sister in laws, nephews next door neighbors cousin that he was at a local bass tournament and overheard two guys on the dock talking about Stratos being canned. I have done some research and found out that someday there will be no more Stratos. They will stop production on a day that ends with the letter Y. Until that day gets here they are still in production.
    My dealer is the largest Stratos dealer in the NE and if he said there done i believe him. He hasn't gotten any new stock this year which is telling! He is also a Ranger Dealer now.

2. Member
    The guy in charge of building Champions at Charger told me that! If they would have had the molds it wouldnt have taken them as long to start production as it did.

3. Banned
    You guys all need to call Kelly Powers about the Charger/Champions at Ulrich Marine in Kimberling City and get the straight info from the horses mouth. He's the one that had to talk a couple of guys out of their boats, so the hulls (a 210 and a 198) could get splashed, after he'd got Charger to agree to manufacture. Then you can try the same thing with a Stratos.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibreathe2fish View Post
    Seriously? How accurate is your information? Just when I was looking at Stratos.
    this would not stop me from buying a new stratos boat if the price is good
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

5. Member
    I have owened two hydra sports .It can happen

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Champion is history Charger built their old molds from a 210 .Ranger dissolved the name years ago just to keep the name Champion gone.They could slap ranger on the side of a 210 and not many would know the difference in today's world.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianabasser View Post
    Lets hope he is wrong!!
    He was right, RIP Stratos...

8. Member
    Still no news release or anything? This is the only place I have seen this.

9. Matt20xd
    Seems like they are trying to keep it hush hush right now. I'm sure it has to do with wanting to unload current stock.

10. Member
    First stratos then triton, ranger is up in the air about being kept around. I work with the charger/champion guys and we will never give you our secrets ;). 198 by winter 223 by mid summer
    2013 Skeeter ZX20, 250 SHO
    26 pitch Turbo FXP

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Stratos is done...sad to see another great brand gone.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    The guy in charge of building Champions at Charger told me that! If they would have had the molds it wouldnt have taken them as long to start production as it did.
    Why would they spend the extra time and money just to recreate something that has already been done? Sounds like a lot of work when the Charger hull is just as good. Also didn't Stratos have the mold for a couple years They made a 210 elite

Quote Originally Posted by bjmoss View Post
    Why would they spend the extra time and money just to recreate something that has already been done? Sounds like a lot of work when the Charger hull is just as good. Also didn't Stratos have the mold for a couple years They made a 210 elite

Pretty simple, to capitalize on the reputation and die hard Champion fans. Buddy of mine is picking up his new 210 today. He once owned a Ranger and sold it for a Champ 202, now's he's hooked on the Champion. The hulls still live under a new badge and will gain plenty of new business for Charger.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I tried to let this go and not even comment.... Dang I hate this. Stratos has be a great boat brand for so many years. So many good boats and happy customers over the years. I rarely, if ever, heard an owner speak negatively about a Stratos Boat. No, they were never a ultra premium brand, but that suits me just fine. They have been the "Chevrolet" of bass boats. Such a shame to see them go. I have owned 2-294's. They are superfine to me.

They had a REALLY strong following here in middle TN due being manufactured here for many years.

I do not like the current bass boat marketplace. The landscape doesn't feel right. It isn't the good ole' days.

Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers for Houston and now Florida!

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Still no news release or anything? This is the only place I have seen this.
    I can't believe its gone this long, worst kept secret in the bass boat industry.

16. Member
    That's what I was told yesterday. They don't want to announce it until dealers have got rid of their stock from what I was told.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
    My dealer told me Stratos production was already halted.

Messed my plan all up... Was going to buy my retirement 201 all decked with what I wanted. Retirement window opened this past January and haven't pulled the trigger. Guess I'll have to live with a new used 201. and have to let somebody else eat the depreciation.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Messed my plan all up... Was going to buy my retirement 201 all decked with what I wanted. Retirement window opened this past January and haven't pulled the trigger. Guess I'll have to live with a new used 201. and have to let somebody else eat the depreciation.

more money for gas and tackle!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    more money for gas and tackle!!!
    Maybe go towards my retirement tow rig.

20. Member
    What dealer has them.
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Heard it today from my dealer also, looks like it really is over

I noticed he has all his current Stratos boats boats marked down.
    Good time to buy one if you were looking at them. The dealer will still service them, not like you will be left out in the cold unless it's a suspect dealer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast