Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    Don't you guys know that running a business is cheap and easy? The employer doesn't have to pay rent or utility bills. Building and machinery maintenance costs? No such thing. Need a new drill bit, or saw blade? Just sharpen the old one. Shipping costs for in coming material? Nope .... trucking companies donate that out of the goodness of their heart.

Office supplies are free. Advertising is free. Workman's comp insurance is free. Unemployment insurance is free. Employers don't have to match the Social Security or Medicare taxes of their employees. Pay a fair wage? Nah ..... qualified machinists work for fast food employee wages without blinking an eye.

Do I think some things are over priced? You betcha. But I also understand that there is more to the cost of a product than just the cost of materials and labor.

Oh and let's not forget the dollar is down in value from years past. The record profit in dollars that we see quoted on the news so often these days doesn't tell the real story. The real story is in the percentage of profit.

Everything shoukd be cheaper, until someone is buying their stuff. That's how the game is played in some people's minds.

2. Banned
    My blades are worth every $ spent on them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    My blades are worth every $ spent on them.
    times 2

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    times 2
    And a little more

5. Member
    I like american made products but the second some Chinese company makes a cheap knockoff I'll buy it. I'll probably even make a post on here about how the quality sucks and complete lack of customer service but it will be better than the nothing that I have now.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    2 8' Blades brackets and installed 3600 so no you must not be doing your homeworks.
    "so you must not be doing your homeworks" ....."homeworks".......Hmmmmm lets see...Texas.....Bird Boat.... Yeah that sounds about right. Gotta get along now and do some real learning.

What happened to the OP no more insight on how businesses should be run?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

They will lower the prices when ever there patent runs out, and they have developed a newer better one. then whoever will bitch about the newer better one that is to expensive. I t cost a lot of money and time to R&D a product not like it was built over night It's not like some guy built it in his garage and trying to make a fortune selling it.

Its simple a product is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it . If no one paid the 1800$ for blades then the price would drop till they sold some and find their market price till they sell out of product and make a profit or sell out to just cover their operating cost

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Its simple a product is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it . If no one paid the 1800$ for blades then the price would drop till they sold some and find their market price till they sell out of product and make a profit or sell out to just cover their operating cost
    You are right. And if they were 5 grand I would still own them. One of the best inventions for a Bass boat IMO.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

11. Member
    doing some google searching while working nights, I came across this thread. I must say this aged well. lol

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I'll hazard a guess that the prices are what they are because their operations are a result of everything being in the USA. They could probably drop the price considerably by farming out manufacturing, customer support, distribution and some other stuff to some Third World shithole. And then you can bitch and moan about that instead.
    hahah talk about hitting the nail on the head

14. Member
    Design patents are valid for 14 years. Utility patents 20 years.

And now MK has a very very similar product. Is it half the price? Nope. Market dictates

16. Member
    only in the fishing world products should be given away an have great service or folks will get on the net an complain about the price an service it seems that some folks cant stand when someone developes a product or successful business an then they should give their product or service away because some of the folks that want to buy it do not have the coin to do so . some of you folks instead of wasting your time on the net start up a business put your time an sweat into it an see how it really is to maintain a business in this economy.

17. Member
    Patents aren't the only reason. I waited for years for Gore-Tex pricing to lower. The competitors came into the market, but at the same price.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

I'm a PP fan for sure had them when most of you were crapping yellow and don't much worry about the price , even if MK poles are great they will never out sell PP .

19. Member
    I know several boats that use about $20 worth of PCV pipe and rope to do the same thing as Power Poles to Shiner fish on the "Big O" in Fla. It worked great with my Skeeter even with wind.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    I know several boats that use about $20 worth of PCV pipe and rope to do the same thing as Power Poles to Shiner fish on the "Big O" in Fla. It worked great with my Skeeter even with wind.
    My son fished with a Fl trout guide this summer that when asked about PP's why he didn't have them he said = not with the trouble to him also no GPS or trolling motor , he just knows where he is at and drifts with the wind !!! I've got to admit thats not a bad idea in the flats .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast