Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Exactly. Start throwing in business insurance, all payroll taxes, even the cost of the darn box .Bar codes on the box are not free. Everything adds up quickly.
    Or the fact that twice I have had parts overnighted that I needed from customer service when there was an issue that didn't cost me a nickel. I really don't think I have ever dealt with customer service as great as theirs every.

When large companies price their products, they do not just take a guess at what they are worth. They have people that they pay well to study every few months how many fewer will be sold if they raise the price and how many more will be sold if they lower the price. If they have the production capacity and it is more profitable to sell more units at a lower price, that is when they will lower it...and not a moment sooner. They will never lower the price unless they are fairly certain they can stimulate enough additional sales to justify it.

3. Member
    I dunno ask my wife. She has no problem paying full price for anything she buys.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass newb View Post
    Electronics are continuously getting smaller and cheaper. That's a fact jack.
    Huh???? Have you seen the size and price of top tier marine electronics lately?
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Innovation is worth money. The peeps behind PP had a good idea, made a good product, and back it up with even better customer service. There is nothing wrong with trying to make some money off of it. That's the whole point of the patent law. If you can't make money off innovation, then no one would innovate. If you think it costs too much, don't buy them.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Ive done 3 boats in my yard with a 3 ton floor jack, some rope and a spare tire. Did them alone. It can be done. I had to put plates behind the motor on all three of them.

I just unbolted my Verado Pro (600lbs) and moved mount holes twice in the same fashion. I would rather sweat a little than pay someone stupid money for something I can figure out on my own.
    If you had to drag out all that crap the install time was likely more than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknload59 View Post
    Huh???? Have you seen the size and price of top tier marine electronics lately?
    Have you seen everything that they have inclusive? All that power would've taken a computer the size of a room 40 years ago.

Don't act like you don't understand a screen limits the size profile of a device. You expect a 12" monitor to be smaller in physical form than 12"?

The question is have YOU seen the size and price of top tier electronics lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    When large companies price their products, they do not just take a guess at what they are worth. They have people that they pay well to study every few months how many fewer will be sold if they raise the price and how many more will be sold if they lower the price. If they have the production capacity and it is more profitable to sell more units at a lower price, that is when they will lower it...and not a moment sooner. They will never lower the price unless they are fairly certain they can stimulate enough additional sales to justify it.
    Wrong. They will lower the price when they aren't under the patent protection anymore and there are viable alternatives available at a much lower price.

9. Member
    I just don't see how anybody ever caught fish in the past. I mean come on if you don't have two shallow water anchors, four 10"+ electronics, a 20'+ boat, and a 250hp engine you just cant catch fish anymore. The fishing industry is turning into a monkey see monkey do situation for a lot of people. They just have to have whatever the pros are using no matter what it takes. If you can afford these things fine by all means go for it but there are people out there that put themselves in a world of financial risk just to buy toys that they "have to have". I don't own a shallow water anchor but would love to I can see where they can be a very useful tool but are they a necessity? I don't think so. Hell there was a thread the other day about wanting to financing the damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I just don't see how anybody ever caught fish in the past. I mean come on if you don't have two shallow water anchors, four 10"+ electronics, a 20'+ boat, and a 250hp engine you just cant catch fish anymore. The fishing industry is turning into a monkey see monkey do situation for a lot of people. They just have to have whatever the pros are using no matter what it takes. If you can afford these things fine by all means go for it but there are people out there that put themselves in a world of financial risk just to buy toys that they "have to have". I don't own a shallow water anchor but would love to I can see where they can be a very useful tool but are they a necessity? I don't think so. Hell there was a thread the other day about wanting to financing the damn things.
    This monkey is gonna do when the prices are fair market competition value on some power poles! $3500 for two is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Can you tell me how I'm wrong? The patent says year 2000 on it which would put it going out in 2014. Maybe people just see that power has the market in the palm of their hand and it will be real hard to break into that market. I agree, the technology is very simple, parts are cheap, and built very easy and quick. The only competition besides talon was the evo thing that never came out.
    Perhaps it has to do with the assignment date of Effective date: 20080617

I'm not a patent attn but you didn't see any power poles in 2000, or 2004 did you?

12. Member
    This monkey is gonna do when the prices are fair market competition value on some power poles! $3500 for two is ridiculous.
    I'd monkey do myself now on all the stuff I mentioned above in a heart beat if I could truly afford it, but I'm not going heavily in debt to do so. I could go sign a 15 year note or re-mortgage my home and have these things but I'm not.

Lots of monkeys used to sit inside and just sweat it out during the summer, but that first monkey that bought air conditioning I guess was ridiculed too... Is that smart phone or the computer you are using to complain about power pole prices a necessity?

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

14. Member
    I believe they received their patent in 1999. It took them a very, very long time to be common place in the market. It takes a lot of effort, financing, determination and patience to gain customer acceptance of a new product.

Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Lots of monkeys used to sit inside and just sweat it out during the summer,
    Lots of jealous monkeys

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Lots of monkeys used to sit inside and just sweat it out during the summer, but that first monkey that bought air conditioning I guess was ridiculed too... Is that smart phone or the computer you are using to complain about power pole prices a necessity?
    Never once complained about power poles, my point is can one afford it? If so go buy as many as you want hell pack two for spares. That first monkey that bought that air conditioner could afford it, the ones sweating more than likely couldn't. There's just a lot of people out there that have no business making certain purchases because they think they "need" it when they actually just "want" it. Thant goes for a lot of other things besides fishing.

17. Member
    Have you seen everything that they have inclusive? All that power would've taken a computer the size of a room 40 years ago.

Don't act like you don't understand a screen limits the size profile of a device. You expect a 12" monitor to be smaller in physical form than 12"?

The question is have YOU seen the size and price of top tier electronics lately.
    With each post you make it reinforces my theory that you are a "Newb" at many things.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    Wrong. They will lower the price when they aren't under the patent protection anymore and there are viable alternatives available at a much lower price.
    What would make that happen? Would it be because the alternative would take a percentage of their sales and by lowering their price they will regain some of those sales? Thus making them less dollars per unit, but selling enough additional units that they are making a larger overall profit?

I didn't reply quote to your post because I didn't mean "you" as in you. Just a generalization of anyone that would have an issue with the cost of powepoles or imply that they are not a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Never once complained about power poles, my point is can one afford it? If so go buy as many as you want hell pack two for spares. That first monkey that bought that air conditioner could afford it, the ones sweating more than likely couldn't. There's just a lot of people out there that have no business making certain purchases because they think they "need" it when they actually just "want" it. Thant goes for a lot of other things besides fishing.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

20. Member
    To make everything cheaper for everybody, why doesn't everyone just take a pay cut at their job.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast