Had the chance to swap my Ping Rapture for a Ping G30 Driver

I had our annual golf/camp trip this weekend and one of the guys I was golfing with was giving a brand new set of Ping G30 irons and woods for half payment on a motorcycle. After playing 9 I asked if I could hit his driver on a 295 yard par 4. There were people walking to the green to put when I hit, I crushed the ball and it was going right toward the green. The guys putting stopped and looked down, my drive landed 5 yards from the green, it felt pretty good to be hitting the ball good again. I played with it on and off the rest of the day and he used my Rapture V2 driver on and off, he hit mine well, and I was hitting his great.

At the end of the day he walked up and said I will trade you straight up, your driver for mine. I was thinking HELL YEAH, but I couldn't do it. I told him to play with his more, and if he still doesn't like it we will talk.

Am I a moron? I just felt like I would be taking advantage of him if I did it right then and there. If he does decide he wants to trade, I will give him my driver and 150 dollars.

I'm sure he knew what he was doing and the values of the drivers involved. (But maybe not)
    If he still wants to even up trade don't feel bad. Maybe pay for his next round of golf if he trades you.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    The G30 driver is a great club! Trade with him!

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    G30 is an awesome driver IMO. I have one and now have the G LS.

5. Member
    I would have traded if I liked ping. The only ping I liked was my dad g5. But I'm a titliest guy

I might give him a call and see if the offer still stands. I'll give him my driver and let him hit both side by side at the driving range to be fair.