Government wants to end full time RV'ing

I retired a couple years ago and the wife is looking at quitting work within the next 18 months or so. We have talked about hitting the road full time for a few years. Looks like the HUD would like to stop people from such lifestyles. I don't understand what business is it of theirs how I choose to live.
    http://returntonow.net/2016/04/02/li...on-be-illegal/
    "I see dead people"

All about money.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

As a RV owner, and being in the Recreational Vehicle Business, this law is intended to try and get the "tiny homes" to be classified differently. They are not and are never going to be classified as an RV, and IMHO they shouldn't be. Recreational Vehicles have to be certified, and rules and regulations have to be consistent across the board to be a certified RVIA unit. Every-time the Government steps into our business it gives us more regulations. But in this case, I believe , they are trying to distinguish the differences. With more people going full time every year, and with the growing older population, RV's provide a second wind for a lot of retirees that are living longer, in better health, to enjoy life to their fullest. Myself, I can wait to be able to pell the plug and get on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS ! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO !

Hey Scooter, what's the story on that trailer? Is the boat on a boat trailer that is lowered down and then its wheels are added back on?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Freakin stupid! That's my retirement plan!

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Hey Scooter, what's the story on that trailer? Is the boat on a boat trailer that is lowered down and then its wheels are added back on?
    Not scooter but you would unload jeep and then lower boat and back in water like a regular boat trailer. At least that's how the ones I have seen on tv work.

7. Member
    Reminds of the double-stacked boat trailers that were out years ago.