Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    In rough weather my casting pedestal will sometimes start to loosen/unscrew. On my Triton, there is a nut that is welded to the base plate. I tighten my pedestal with 14" Channellock pliers. I always have the 14" Channellock pliers on board as I catch a lot of muskies & usually handle the releases by myself. These pliers keep my hand far enough from almost all lure hooks.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

2. Member
    Have you tried contacting your dealer or Ranger to see if they could help out with the problem? For the price you paid for the boat I would hope so.

2023 Ranger RT188P
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 115
    Garmin 126SV (2), 93SV, LVS34
    Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    I have tried rubber and felt...neither worked. Buy a 2 inch long by 1/4" diameter pin from tractor supply that has a locking mechanism that will keep it from falling out. Put pedestal in the base and tighten it down. Then from underneath...drill a 1/4" hole thru the base shaft, anf thru the pedestal shaft as well. Out you pin in and it cannot work itself loose. If you want to remove pedestal, just remove the pin. The post is hard so get a good drill bit and go slow. Hope this helps.

4. Member
    Additional derails I forgot to mention. Once you drill the hole...rempve the pedestal and clean inside of base to remove metal. Or it will rust. Prime and paint bare metal at base of threaded pedestal, use never seize on threads and reinstall. Works great.

5. Banned
    That's why I like & use the non threaded pedestals

6. Member
    The problem is that it will definitely (gall) screw the threads up because your weight will be resting on the threads instead of the base of the pedestal when the threads are loose.
    Ive been fighting mine for a long time and am about to just cut the threads off and forget about it. Problem solved! I know the treads are there to prevent the seat from popping out during ruff weather. I never had a problem before they started adding the threads. IMHO

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    I know the treads are there to prevent the seat from popping out during ruff weather. I never had a problem before they started adding the threads. IMHO

I run Lake Erie, with my non threaded pedestals, and never even seen it "lift" an inch up in rough water. I hate threaded pedestals!

8. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    I run Lake Erie, with my non threaded pedestals, and never even seen it "lift" an inch up in rough water. I hate threaded pedestals!

"hate" is actually love wrapped in jealousy...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

9. Member
    I put a big fat "O" ring on the stud a tighten it with both hands. Hasn't loosened up yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12