Lightbulb Storage mod ideas

I'm trying to figure out how to rig a bar in storage locker to keep the boxes from sliding forwards I posted pic of the storage with the boxes in it thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Short of drilling holes and mounting brackets/bar you could take the longer hand operated clamps, reverse the handle and the end piece both on the metal bar. Cut the bar to fit in there if too long then ratchet the clamp, it will expand and you can lock it against the box walls. To avoid damaging the walls, place the clamp on the lower section on the corners of the box walls, much stronger there.

3. Member
    I was leaning towards maybe mounting bracket and bar for a permanent fix just want sure what kinda of bracket and bar to look for

4. Member
    Make one out of aluminum flat bar from a big box store. Bend a 90* tab at each end and through bolt it.

5. Member
    Not sure if you can take one of those spring loaded shower curtain rods and cut it down. If not, maybe you could make something simular that's spring loaded.

Like this... https://www.google.com/search?q=spri...DIzSmwH8z6jwDA

And it's inexpensive

6. Member
    Some one on the forum did the shower curtain thing but I couldn't find it when I looked not sure how hard it would be to cut one down that small

7. Member
    I went this route

2004 Triton TR-186DC - Mercury 175 Optimax

8. Member
    BassStriker did u make that rack? Or buy it looks very nice. My only problem are the boxes I'm using are the big open container ones. I'm using them for soft plastics. So I'd need a the spaces little wider on mine

9. Banned
    I used a curtain rod and I put rubber caps on both ends to act as friction points against the walls. Just measure how long it needs to be and then cut to length and put a screw thru the middle of the rod to keep the curtain rod from moving once the distance is determined. Basically stays in place via a compression fit.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    I used a curtain rod and I put rubber caps on both ends to act as friction points against the walls. Just measure how long it needs to be and then cut to length and put a screw thru the middle of the rod to keep the curtain rod from moving once the distance is determined. Basically stays in place via a compression fit.
    did u take the spring out? And just run screw through it? And did u put the rod in boat stretch it out then put screw through it or just force it in there after u screw it together

11. Banned
    The one I used didn't have a spring. I just measured distance it needed to be with rubber caps installed first and then just cut it maybe an 1/16-1/8" longer and placed a screw thru the middle to keep it from moving any. Then just pressed in-between walls of compartment.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmerr00 View Post
    BassStriker did u make that rack? Or buy it looks very nice. My only problem are the boxes I'm using are the big open container ones. I'm using them for soft plastics. So I'd need a the spaces little wider on mine
    I purchased the rack from these guys http://www.mdsspecialties.com/marine-products.html They will custom make any size you want, give them a call if your interested.
    2004 Triton TR-186DC - Mercury 175 Optimax