Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Part 24 was my problem, cleaned the screen and I've been back in business
    John 16:33
    2016 Tracker Pro Team 195
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    Yes, part 23. Part 24 is the filter that was continually clogging with greasy residue. The other three filters - big main filter from tank, small filter in water separator on front of powerhead, and fine filter on the input to the pump swirl tank were perfectly clean.
    If all other filter stay clean I would say the debris is coming from the lift pump or perhaps something in the vst is breaking down which is very uncommon.

3. Member
    My 2011 250 SHO had this exact issue in the last year or so. Had approx 400 hrs on it when it started bogging down intermittently. First pass was the filters in the VST were clogged with a black material. All the filters were replaced. Then a couple months later it started up again. The filters were clogged again. The Tech thought there was a casting problem with the VST so the VST casing was replaced along with the filters again. Couple of months later the motor left me stranded because it simply would not start. Crank yes but start no. Long story short - the black debris clogging the filters was the brush material from the lift pump. Lift pump and filters replaced and approx 50 hrs on the motor since and still running without issue. FYI...A Tech Rep from Yamaha was involved and he took the lift pump back with him. For those about to ask, the motor was still under warranty and yes Yamaha did take care of it.

4. Member
    where is the pump located mine bogs but also feels like a miss

5. Member
    Having the same issue. About to check that little filter. Any updates to this problem

Might as well keep the thread going...... 2021 Yamaha 250 4 stroke SHO. From the first hour, intermittently, the engine will hesitate when in gear and idling out of the channel. I need to shut off engine, restart and hit it with the hot foot, problem gone.... never hesitates other than when idling under power. And always disappears when I shut it off and start up..... advance timing issue or fuel pump? Have only 25 hours now and all fuel lines were replaced last year with the old engine.

Unbelievable, having a hot foot, pulling the throttle all the way down, problem solved.... why is this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123