Terry Bass boats

Looking for any information on Terry bass boats. Picked one up in Rhode Island this spring. 1980 terry 4.7m bass boat. Runs good, gets right up on plane and fishes good too.

2. Member
    IIRC they were made in Delhi La small company not many made. That ones aong way from home LOL

what model is it. My dad was friends with the owner way back when I was around them a bit when I was a kid. That's about all I can remeber right now. They had a tunnel hull bass boat that was fun in the bayous.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Seem to remember a tri-hull that was a Terry. Great and stable fishing platform, but noisy and rough rough ride on choppy water.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    The model is a 4.7 MV according to the manufacturers plate. I love the boat, orginal everything by the looks of things. Motorguide trolling motor can whip the boat around like its nothing. Seems perfect for me. I also have a love for classic items in good condition. The clear coat is faded and there are some scratches here and there. Functionality not looks for me.

5. Member
    I owned a 4.7. Bought it new in 1979. Was a boat way ahead of its time, wish i still had it now. I put a 90hp evinrude on it and it was a go getter, 53mph was not uncommon. Any specific questions and may be able to help ya.

6. Member
    So there is a issue with the live well. none of the hoses are hooked up. there are two holes in the transom on either side of the bilge drain that are capped and filled in with caulk. There is garden hoses running from the bottoms of the live wells to a T connector and to aerator tubes in 2 of the 3 live wells. both hoses are just left out and not connected. Do I need to install a pump just inside the transom to fill the live wells and a valve to drain them?

In their day, a Terry bass boat was considered right up there with Ranger. Nice boats with a great layout. Their Sponsoned V, pad hull boats were probably even better than a Ranger. I seem to recall they switched to building V hull boats and then sometime in the mid 80's they dropped fiberglass altogether and went with building aluminum boats. I don't remember what year they went out of business. Or were they bought out?

8. Member
    Late to the party; but, many years ago I had a '79 450 - my first
    Bass Boat. It came with a Mercury 40 and a lowrance flasher.

Years later, I upgraded to a Suzuki 55 with t/t, an Eagle Ultra and a
    565 MinnKota. Absolutely loved the boat (Suzuki too) - had it for over 10yrs.

I learned how to fish in this boat - took me from the 'me and joe' days, to
    structure fishing ala Buck Perry and Al Lindner.

Took a 1 yr. new Ranger R72 with a Johnson 115 to get me to sell it.
    And yes, wish I still had it for nostalgia, if nothing else. (The 450 - I still
    have the R72.)

9. Member
    Me and a buddy about 9 years ago in my 79 Terry that my dad bought in 84. I fully restored it and sold it. Grew up fishing in it. Don't have a better pic easily accessible. Excuse my brother and the boat in the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Grandfather had one which is now my uncle's. Still going after all these years. It's likely an early 70s model. Avocado green color. But my boat has some lime in it which I'm sure will turn some stomachs sometime in the future. Back end sits low to the water and he added a metal splash guard at some point best I remember.

11. Member
    My first bass boat was a 1978 Terry 4.7M. Two tone brown with the 4.7m in orange, single console with a 90 HP Merc. It had long horn logos on the seats and had a Thruster II trolling motor with Humminbird graphs. I loved that boat. I was very fortunate to have a father that could loan me the money to buy it back in 1987. I was sixteen years old at the time and all I could think about was bass fishing. So very thankful for that Terry. I saw the boat on craigslist a couple years ago and almost bought it again.