Banned

Camper toy hauler?

Anyone have one of these. We are thinking of one to travel with our dirt bikes. We are completely new to any kind of campers. Any brands to stay away from?

Probably not made, But don't buy a rubberized roof.. About all Brands are. But Roof wont last long.. And No One really keeps them up.. Oh they may 1st year and possible 2nd??? But eventually they ROT and Leak.. Go to a Utube site about the rubber camper roof repairs. and see the Pics of damage.. We had a TT with that roof. It eventually leaked , Sold it as is , Lost a lot of $.. So did without a few years, then Found a Older Model with Metal Roof.. Most of what your looking at are very Basic Up front the Camping amenities. May find some with complete RV Appliances.. stove.oven .MW, fridge, shower/toilet etc.. and Have to use Booth and flip down from ceiling for beds. Roof AC & floor Heat.. See a lot with very Basics. And those see, parked at motels at night lolo.. Be diligent in your Venture

I have a 27` Keystone Tail-gator we use for going to bike rallies. I do the usual upkeep and maintenance on it and never have had a problem with anything on it. My only complaint is the queen bed that let's down over where the bikes ride doesn't come all the way down like some of the others I've seen. Mine has a ladder to access the bed and at 50 years old, thats a pita sometimes.

4. Banned
    go over to www.rv.net. They have a toy hauler forum and you can find more information than you ever dreamed of over there.

5. Banned
    Nothing wrong with a rubber roof. The new Alpha roofs are thicker and durable. Clean and condition it once a year, check dicor seals and fix as needed. You need to do that with any roof, really.

iRV2.net is also a good resource for travel trailers.

6. Member
    What truck are you going to be towing the camper with? We have a Puma 27 ft I pull with a Toyota Tundra. We are going to sell it and it will be on Craigslist soon. We're only a couple hours from you.

7. Member
    My son has raced off-road dirt bikes for the last 10 years when he started we purchased a 28ft work and play. They tow great , hold more water , and with added bunks in the rear sleep 6 rather well. They are somewhat heavier than some of the other models, but they certainly are tougher than most.
    It's everything you learn after you know-it-all that really counts........

8. Banned
    Sleepy, we've got an F250 with a 7.3 in it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    Sleepy, we've got an F250 with a 7.3 in it.
    The good motor, You wont have any problems then. Here is ours we are going to sell. The front side paw door is an outside kitchen.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Banned
    Yeah pm me some info on that.

11. Member
    We are on our 3rd trailer. 22' , 26' front sleeper, 33' 5th wheel. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. Weekend Warrior had a few (not all) with frame bending problems.

12. Member
    I have had 3 different toy haulers from small to big and now medium. The one I have now is a Work and Play version. It is just according to what you are hauling. Also, I've found that the women like more living space and less in the back if that matters. As I have gotten older I mostly converted the rear into more living space for comfort.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    Yeah pm me some info on that.

Sent ya a link, I'll pay closer attention

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Nothing wrong with a rubber roof. The new Alpha roofs are thicker and durable. Clean and condition it once a year, check dicor seals and fix as needed. You need to do that with any roof, really.

iRV2.net is also a good resource for travel trailers.
    I'd rather have a TPO roof over a rubber roof. My new to me Truck Camper has a metal roof which should provide a much longer worry free service life then either TPO or rubber.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com