Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    2nd owner hull warranty may have covered this? (This warranty has some limitations based on the age of the boat.) $100.00 to a Ranger dealer to inspect the boat and file with Ranger.

Seems like if you have an issue with something like this, the first place to go is Ranger. They will point you in the right direction. Everything I have went to them for has been resolved right there!

Save your $1,500 and call Ranger. Email them pictures. You're just burning money if you don't.

4. Member
    would be interested in the details. seems like the hull warranty would include gel coat defects (as long as there was no trauma damage). i can understand normal wear and tear not being covered. but if the gel coat split and caused the fiberglass to crack, that seem like a manufacture defect. This would be good to know.

5. Member
    Looking at the pictures and the back of my boat that looks like damage from hitting something like a dock piling or other object in reverse. This may be more of an insurance call than Ranger call.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

6. Banned
    OP, please PM me concerning this.

7. Member
    Time will tell if you see more boats with the same issue

8. Banned
    Was Ranger contacted by you or by the dealer? If so, what was their response?

9. Member
    The place I took it is a warranty repair shop I believe ranger has a 10 year structural warranty on transom and hull. Since this is just separation of the top cap ranger would not cover this being 6 years old on the boat. The repair shop stated I could run it as is but it would get worse over time. The repair would have been cheap if it did not have 2 colors of metal flake required.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgnelso View Post
    The place I took it is a warranty repair shop I believe ranger has a 10 year structural warranty on transom and hull. Since this is just separation of the top cap ranger would not cover this being 6 years old on the boat. The repair shop stated I could run it as is but it would get worse over time. The repair would have been cheap if it did not have 2 colors of metal flake required.
    I would still contact Ranger, regardless of the written "policy" or what the repair shop staff tells you. Never hurts to try and see if they can help make this right. They have reputation to take of their owners on boats even much older than yours.
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

11. Member
    Ranger has yet to even call me back I have left multiple messages with their warranty department.

12. Banned
    And I can't help you if you don't provide all of the requested info.

13. Member
    Got the boat back yesterday and Shoreline RV and Boat in Tulsa did a fantastic job on the repair. I did get in touch with Ranger and they have claimed it appears to be impacted related but the repair shop has stated that there was an air void in the fiberglass where the top cap and transom come together. I will continue to work with Ranger to see if they make this right and will provide an update when I get a chance. Thanks for everyone's responses.

14. Member
    Wanted to provide another update. Visited with Mr. Wilson over at Ranger Warranty and once again I have determined why I run a Ranger. They have assisted with the repair costs. Thanks for all of the responses and glad to have the boat back and out on the water! :)

Great glad you have been taken care of.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

16. Member
    Very happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bgnelso View Post
    Wanted to provide another update. Visited with Mr. Wilson over at Ranger Warranty and once again I have determined why I run a Ranger. They have assisted with the repair costs. Thanks for all of the responses and glad to have the boat back and out on the water! :)
    I'm happy you got your boat back all fixed up.
    Ranger is a good company! They've been nothing but great to me.....even with my 20 year old boat.
    1996 Ranger 482vs/150 Johnson Faststrike

18. Member
    Great to hear.
    Last edited by z7extreme; 05-24-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12