Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Fill up that 50 gallon gas tank and you will see a difference in handling. What prop you running and what kind of load did you have in your boat and how many rpm was you running?

2. Member
    I am not really sure if I should go up or down. It's my first bass boat.

Top speed I have hit was 70 mph. 1/2 trim and CHINE WALK IS HORRIBLE
    AT THAT SPEED! But When I trim to 1/4 she will hit 65 no problem.
    It actually isn't horrible at all... At least compared to other boats I have owned, 20ft Triton and 20ft Stratos for example... But everyone has different degrees of thought on that, I understand.
    When mine is fully loaded with two people I can't get it to chine walk at all, so that confirms to me that it is a pretty stable boat. But mine will get enough lift with only me in the boat to chine walk if not prevented. 2 people 66 mph fully loaded, just me 69 mph fully loaded gps, reached that just last weekend. And I have one talon on the boat as well, running a 25P Fury, with the jackplate raised 1-1/2".
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

On another note.... Had a tournament yesterday, so we had the boat loaded, 2 people 230 and 250 lbs, 1 livewell full, and a little over 1/2 tank of gas. The weather was 90+ degrees and we are seeing a drop in the hole shot. Right now the 25P Fury has all solid plugs in. So I'm going to switch them out to plugs with a 1/2 size hole in them to see what happens. I will report back....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    We have ran a 25 and a 24 pitch Fury on our Z19. Never had a prop plug at all in either prop and the boat screams out of the hole. What is gained by adding plugs in the first place? A top end prop like a chopper has all the exhaust running over the blades so are the plugs designed just for hole shot adjustments? The hot muggy weather has had little if any effect on the hole shot or top end of our boat running the 24 Fury with no plugs and jack plate is raised about 1 inch. Please educate a old man on prop plugs.
    Thanks

Some Engine/Prop/Boat combinations can over rev. the motor on a hole shot or flat out blow out. So the plugs reduce the exhaust around the blades to lower the rpms and control that. Pulling one, two or all three of the pugs will definitely increase rpms at take off and shorten the time to plane the boat. In theory.... If your hole shot is fine with no plugs, stay with it.... Top end is not affected at all by the plugs being there or not, so you want the right pitch for tope end rpms and hopefully dial in the hole shot using the plugs or not...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12