Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Question for Nitro Z19 owners

OK, so these boats have been out for a couple of months now and I know that certain dealers are having a hard time keeping them on the lot for more than 2 days.

Why can you not find any information or reviews on speed, fishability, etc. on BBC or anywhere else? I can find a hundred infomercials or talk to dealers and hear them telling me about how great the boat is, but I want to hear it from someone that owns one. How do they handle? What kind of speeds are you seeing with different loads? What prop are you running?

Come on Nitro owners! There has to be someone out there with a Z19 that is willing to tell us how much they like their new ride??
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

couple of months? Reality is maybe a month for a select few. There is a review or 2 on this forum.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    My mistake, 5 or 6 weeks. Thanks for correcting me. Still, I can't believe that there is so little information out there on these boats.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

4. Member

5. Member
    I talked to a guy Friday that has one. I asked him how he liked it. He said he loved it so far, said he hit 69 with 2 guys and 3/4 tank of fuel in rough water, felt like it had several more mph in it. He said the torque was amazing, said it trimmed out at 1/4 trim compared to half on his old z7. I have a z7 and have a z19 on order, I can't wait to get it.

His was a single console, no poles. They come with a 24 p prop, but I can't remember which one, I just know it's not the tempest plus, because I have one of those and the dealer said to keep it as a spare, but that's not what comes on it.

I have also scoured the Internet looking for info on these, there just isn't any yet. I will post info when I get mine, suppose to be here in 3-4 weeks, ordered it 4 weeks ago.

6. Member
    I test rode one at the classic. There was a small chop on the water and the boat ran 69mph with two guys 1/2 tank of gas. probably empty load as it was a test boat. there are claims of 70+ mph. Maybe on a slick day you will hit that. the boat I was in felt lose at that speed. Maybe it was the driver and with practice you can eliminate any chine. Hole hot with the 200 pro xs was good. I have 901 and z19 is the same size boat. It has a nice deck to fish from and is stable. I can't tell you anymore.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info! I live near Pro's Choice and Luke has already sold several and can't keep them in stock for more than a few days. He said that the Z19 was 70'ish with 2 guys and a decent load, which I took to mean 68-69. Trying to decide if I can live with losing 5 mph or so, when compared to my Z8 (mine runs about 74-74.5 with 2 anglers and 1/2 tank of fuel). The Z19 would be a lot easier to fish the timber in, that's for sure. I wonder about the rough water ride?

Oh, and in case anyone wonders, the difference between making a 20-mile run @ 69 mph vs 73 mph is about 57 seconds, give or take. So, the speed is more for the fun than for saving fishing time. Comparing Z19 Pro with a 200 vs Z20 Pro with a 250, there's about $9500 difference in price. That's a lot of money for 5 mph worth of fun. Still deciding...
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

8. Member
    I really never thought about someone downsizing to the z-19, I'm sure that is a tough decision. For guys coming out of a z-7, its a no brainer. I don't think I will notice the 8" of extra length while I'm fishing, but that extra speed will be greatly appreciated.

9. Member
    I've had my z19 for a few weeks now. So far I really enjoy it. 2 guys with load, 3/4 fuel, full live wells I've been running 67 to 69. Only been in it once by myself and ran 71 in rough water. May of had another mph or so. The ride is very comfortable

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FFuller View Post
    2017 Z19 Review. Overall good quality and ride with the following exceptions -

The Non-Pro model only has a 2 bank battery charger unless the dealer upgraded w/ 3. Replaced that $200.

The Minnkota Maxxum 70 damages the rail and paint. Replaced with a Minnkota Fortrex 80 (fits same mounting holes) and it doesn't touch the boat $1300.

Nitro will drill the Transducer on the boat unless you order without electronics or request. I had my own HDS12 for the console and 9 for the bow and installed a Transducer Shield Saver on the jack plate (pre tapped holes on Slidemaster) which works much better and no holes or damage $250.

Nitro should install a graph plate in the console rather than requiring fiberglass to be cut. The dealer may over-cut like they did mine.

Dealer - Not sure the Nitro is worth it without a quality and certified dealer to work with. Purchased my Z19 after checking it out at Bass Pro. Very disappointed with Bradford Marine in Arkansas (Bass Pro does not sell them directly here in AR) - problems not resolved and Bradford Marine management hides from you after the sale.
    You got a pic of your transducer shield mount? Ive never heard of this type of mount as you described but I like the idea it dont require holes in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by danfromwindsor View Post
    You got a pic of your transducer shield mount? Ive never heard of this type of mount as you described but I like the idea it dont require holes in the boat.
    I'm guessing, but I think he's talking about this one: http://www.transducershieldandsaver....tructure-scan/
    The soldier, above all other men, is required to practice the greatest act of religious training -- sacrifice. - GEN Douglas MacArthur, Thayer Award Address delivered 12 May 1962, West Point, NY

12. Member
    What prop are you running and RPM? We just got a new Z19 with dual consoles. It came from the factory with a 25 pitch Fury prop and the jack plate looks to be raised about 1 inch also done at the factory. All the new Z19's our dealer gets are rigged this way now from the factory as far as prop and jack plate height. The boat comes out of the hole very quick with 2 big guys and fully loaded but I haven't been able to turn 5400 to 5500 RPM but it has always been on rough water and windy and it just has a couple hours run time. From what I have seen I figured it should have the 24 pitch prop.

You are ok on the RPMs, they will go up a little over time. Don't be afraid to raise the motor up a little more, I have raised mine up about 1-1/2"... Mine was running just like yours, now it will reach about 5600 rpms at 68-69 gps (that is by myself)... Also have the 25P fury....
    Remember this motor has a max. rpm at 5750 I believe....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

14. Member
    Well today I had the dealer put a 24 pitch Fury on the boat because I think the boat would be a dog in hot muggy weather running the 25 and the dealer was told by me when the boat was ordered that I wanted a 24 pitch prop on the boat after much research. It poured rain the rest of today so tomorrow I will have new information. I was curious and called Pros Choice today for what prop they put on the Z19 when they sell them and was told 24 pitch Fury. The Nitro factory must just put on what they feel like on that day. I did not like the fact that I could trim my motor up as far as it would go. Never owned a boat that I could do that. Will have new information tomorrow night the good Lord willing.

15. Member
    I'm running a 25 fury too. At 5500-5600ish just me 70 on GPS with 2 guys 68 mph. Would like to know how the 24 works. My boat jumps out of the hole. As of now and all the plugs are out of the prop too.

16. Member
    Ok tried the 24 pitch Fury and I am glad I changed. The boat is 2017 Z19 with dual consoles for the time being. The jack plate is up about 1 inch from being flush and I will have to check the PTP distance. The boat was loaded with all our tackle even a 15 lb anchor and 3/4 tank gas. I weigh about 255 and I was the only person in the boat. The casting seat was mounted on the front deck and was catching lots of air. I had the boat to 68.7 mph gps at 5500 rpm. I had to really drive the boat and think it might run faster by being a lot more stable with a passenger on board. I will let you know. With the 24 pitch prop a lot less trim was needed to get the boat running. I don't know how much time is on the motor but I am sure not over 2 hrs. How long does it take for the computer to back off on break in oil and gas? We probably carry more weight in our boat than most people. The boat rides and fishes great. Look forward to reading about what other Z19 owners are finding.

17. Member
    I'm not going to miss with the motor till I know I have about 10+ hrs on the motor.

18. Member
    Here is the latest information I can give for top speed on Z19. Fully loaded with 2 big people and more extra gear than normal people carry(big heavy duffle)the boat still runs 68 mph gps with the 24 pitch prop but really handles better with the load at that speed. The rpm looked to be around 5700 rpm. It really seems and feels like with the 24 Fury that weight does not matter. I love this boat. I have not made any adjustments to the jack plate. Screams out of the hole loaded. It seems like the Z19 with 200 hp Mercury runs about the same no matter the prop and load. Makes no sense. I am guessing hot muggy weather will maybe make a difference and that is why I wanted the 24 pitch prop.
    Last edited by zeke4351; 04-19-2017 at 12:43 PM.

19. Member
    I am an owner of the new Z19. Top speed I have hit was 70 mph. 1/2 trim and CHINE WALK IS HORRIBLE
    AT THAT SPEED! But When I trim to 1/4 she will hit 65 no problem.
    boat runs super good in rough water calm water any water.. it's in my opinion a really awesome boat!
    big deck lots of storage. I own the pro package and I am gonna try to get hydraulic jack plate to maybe
    help with higher end control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wdmn View Post
    I am an owner of the new Z19. Top speed I have hit was 70 mph. 1/2 trim and CHINE WALK IS HORRIBLE
    AT THAT SPEED! But When I trim to 1/4 she will hit 65 no problem.
    boat runs super good in rough water calm water any water.. it's in my opinion a really awesome boat!
    big deck lots of storage. I own the pro package and I am gonna try to get hydraulic jack plate to maybe
    help with higher end control.
    Half trim? Sounds like you need some prop to pad tweaking.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast