Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First trip to St. Clair ?

Friend and I are finally making our way to SC for a week🤗🤗! We will be there first week of May, pending any ridiculously unseasonable weather, should the fish be on beds about that time? We planned on fishing Anchor Bay, just looking for opinions on if fish will be pre, post, or bedding! Thanks, RP!!

2. Member
    Prime time. Enjoy!
    Why anchor bay?
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Ham View Post
    Prime time. Enjoy!
    Why anchor bay?
    Just going on info from someone that's fished it! I know nothing about the lake and that's all I have at this point! We rented a house north east of Anchor Bay. I'd be grateful if you have other suggestions!

4. Member
    You can have a blast anywhere on the lake over the next month or so. I haven't been to st clair in years but will be going the 29th and 30th. I'm sure we will fish a few places and being just before you go I will message you with how we did and where.

5. Banned
    Nothing wrong with Anchor Bay. Many tournaments won out of it. First week of May will be prime time barring any crazy weather. The fish may even spawn this full moon.....everything is right in a few places on the lake for it to happen.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Nothing wrong with Anchor Bay. Many tournaments won out of it. First week of May will be prime time barring any crazy weather. The fish may even spawn this full moon.....everything is right in a few places on the lake for it to happen.
    Slow em down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glfgd82 View Post
    You can have a blast anywhere on the lake over the next month or so. I haven't been to st clair in years but will be going the 29th and 30th. I'm sure we will fish a few places and being just before you go I will message you with how we did and where.
    That would be great! Going in a little blind, any pointers will be appreciated !

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Slow em down!!!
    Nothing you or I can do about it Son. No worries you don't like to bed fish anyway (even if you are catching them off beds that you aren't looking at...lol)

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerpig250 View Post
    That would be great! Going in a little blind, any pointers will be appreciated !
    If you read here (go back a year or two), you will get all the info that you can handle! You wont be able to fish the entire place in a week/year/lifetime!

10. Member
    If you read here (go back a year or two), you will get all the info that you can handle! You wont be able to fish the entire place in a week/year/lifetime!
    Or get a great set of Binocs and fish the bent pole pattern, lots of local guys still do this I hear

11. Banned
    Nothing you or I can do about it Son. No worries you don't like to bed fish anyway (even if you are catching them off beds that you aren't looking at...lol)
    You got the wrong member of the MVM. I like to bed fish.....Carlos doesn't!!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    You got the wrong member of the MVM. I like to bed fish.....Carlos doesn't!!
    I was basing that on your inability to hit a bed with a cast! lol

Lol. I can't either
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

don't worry too much about sticking in anchor. it can be great don't get me wrong - but getting to other spots can also be more consistent. From Ford's cove north to about 13 mile rd (aka "the mile roads"). It would be silly not to try it if you'll be there a few days (even sillier if only for 1 day). 3-8 FOW. If you find some rocks or wood, waypoint it. Keep an eye out on where you see a lot of boats, they are there for a reason. Not encouraging the bent rod pattern, but its "fun fishing" season - be courteous, dont setup on top of someone or cut off their drift and you can fish with the crowds and still catch a lot of fish without hurting any feelings.

We usually launch at 9 mile or crocker and then go up to selfridge in the afternoon if it's not happening down there. Even if you were to run by boat, its not terribly far, especially if its a nice day.

15. dartag1829
    please handle your fish with care. just got home from a day out there. We saw quite a few floating fish that had been freshly caught.

16. Banned
    I was basing that on your inability to hit a bed with a cast! lol

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    please handle your fish with care. just got home from a day out there. We saw quite a few floating fish that had been freshly caught.
    Huh, wonder why? Deep hooked from blade baits?
    At least we had 1987....

Harley Ensign launch is the biggest launch closer to anchor bay, Belvedere Bay..... all those bays are producers. Sportsmens Direct is a tackle store to visit for info. and Wayne Carpenter, owner of Extreme Tackle sells maps, baits sold at Sportsmens Direct. Crocker Launch kind of jacked right now. and has its' limitations for launching but it is centrally located to go up or down the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    don't worry too much about sticking in anchor. it can be great don't get me wrong - but getting to other spots can also be more consistent. From Ford's cove north to about 13 mile rd (aka "the mile roads"). It would be silly not to try it if you'll be there a few days (even sillier if only for 1 day). 3-8 FOW. If you find some rocks or wood, waypoint it. Keep an eye out on where you see a lot of boats, they are there for a reason. Not encouraging the bent rod pattern, but its "fun fishing" season - be courteous, dont setup on top of someone or cut off their drift and you can fish with the crowds and still catch a lot of fish without hurting any feelings.

We usually launch at 9 mile or crocker and then go up to selfridge in the afternoon if it's not happening down there. Even if you were to run by boat, its not terribly far, especially if its a nice day.
    Thanks, we have a week so we'll deffinently be covering some water! I appreciate all your suggestions, I consider myself a courteous fisherman and understand how it feels to crowd someone, not my style!

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Absolutely!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast