Settings for G2 Auto Trim

When using the auto-trim mode over the weekend, the motor would seem to stop trimming at 10% trim. Manually trimming additionally yielded substantial speed gains. Is there a way to set the bounds for auto trim on a 250 HO G2?

Jesse

There are 5 different programs for the Trim Assist depending on the type of boat. That is to be set up by the dealer during rigging.

Trim Assist is an average trim program for the type of boat on which the G2 is installed - pontoon, bass, multi-species, off-shore, etc. It is for folks who may not be attuned to trimming an engine and for those who may be inexperienced with driving a rig.

You can override the trim programming by moving the trim with the switch on the control box. It will be in manual mode after that. It only resets back to auto assist when the motor is trimmed all the way down and brought back to idle. Read your owners manual.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Jesse, did you ever figure out a way to tweak the profiles that doesn’t involve time at a dealer?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Jesse, did you ever figure out a way to tweak the profiles that doesn’t involve time at a dealer?
    No I did not. When I had mine at Loeckmann's once I believe they adjusted it. I see auto-trim that will go up to 50% now.

If you have the 4.3 or 7.0" display, you can change trim settings on the screen.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    If you have the 4.3 or 7.0" display, you can change trim settings on the screen.
    3.5 for me