Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Its alot more than folks think. Everything is not "one unit" when its strapped down like alot of folks think.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    I have the Merc 150 4-stroke on my Tracker. Would it be a better fix to replace the garbage “rubber V” transom saver with the other type with the 4 rubber circles ?
    KaRu Lures "Putting Professional Grade Performance in Every Anglers Grasp"
    \ Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ - Merc 175 - Minnkota - Lowrance HDS Gen3

http://www.karuluresusa.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team KaRu View Post
    I have the Merc 150 4-stroke on my Tracker. Would it be a better fix to replace the garbage “rubber V” transom saver with the other type with the 4 rubber circles ?
    yes. The factory transom saver wore out quick exposing the bolt that runs through the v block. Put a couple small rings in my lower unit. I tried several models after that and they all had too short a throat or the pads were too far apart. I finally bought the Atwood heavy duty and it works great.

4. Member
    I run the Atwood shock absorbing version. When you tilt the motor down, you put a little extra on and compress the spring about half way. Allows a little play for the bumping and jostling going down the road.

see here: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...hock-absorbing

5. mikesxpress
    After using a Motormate for many years I'm not interested in a stick. Awaiting delivery of the 4 stroke 250 for repower. I sent an email to Motormate.

Update:
    Motormate has a support in development for the new 4 stoke. No ETA on release.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 05-28-2018 at 06:22 AM.

6. Member
    I had to replace my 150 Optimax that just blew and have a 4 stroke on the way to replace it, but I am thinking the atwood is my only option right now as Mywedge is known to cause seal issues, and motormate does not have one for a 4 stroke.

Paulski

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    After using a Motormate for many years I'm not interested in a stick. Awaiting delivery of the 4 stroke 250 for repower. I sent an email to Motormate.

Update:
    Motormate has a support in development for the new 4 stoke. No ETA on release.
    I've had a 150HP, 4 Stroke since 2015 and MotorMate has been telling me they were developing one for that for the whole time, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe with no other Mercury's available now, they'll step it up and get one developed. Maybe it will work for my 150.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

8. Member
    I've always heard the same thing about one for my 2.1 liter 115 4stroke. I hope some day they come up with something.

9. mikesxpress
    Once mine gets clipped on I'll see about doing a redesign of my 2 stroke Motormate to fit this 4 stroke. Shouldn't be to hard. I am not going back to that PIA stick toter.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mike- there's noting on the engine side to rest against (lower mounts and hardware are completely concealed inside the cowling).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. mikesxpress
    I'll figure something out.

12. Member
    I've been using this one for 2 years it's better the all the others I've tried.
    https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3.../dp/B001AXGT7O
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

13. Member
    As already mentioned, I've used these for the last 5 years http://www.m-ywedge.com/products.html on my 150 four stroke. I bought the universal m-ywedge with the centering clips at the Classic in Tulsa. I've had no problems. My motor is on a 21' bay boat.

14. Banned
    I’ve got the boat buckles tightened down like Dick’s hatband so the back of my rig isn’t moving much on my trailer, I use the stick and don’t think twice about it.

15. Banned
    Interesting, curious if you have a jackplate baitfl?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Interesting, curious if you have a jackplate baitfl?
    I do. But I wouldn't be comfortable raising the jackplate up while leaving the motor down to gain clearance. I would be afraid of the jack"plate" bending/breaking with the weight of the motor with the jolting that has been mentioned while trailering. Some of the roads I go down are REALLY bad.

17. Member

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

18. Member
    So with this tote rite what keeps it connected to your engine and transom mount when you hit a pot hole and the engine does bounce up a small amount ? It appears to only rest on the four points because of the downward pressure of the engine tilt unit being trimmed down. That would not appear to keep the engine from bouncing up and down a little?
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!
    Dennis

19. Member
    Isn't that the same case with MotorMate, DD26 etc?

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Isn't that the same case with MotorMate, DD26 etc?
    Some of the ones I have seen have pegs that fit into holes in the lower part of the transom support and go over some bolt heads or nuts up on the engine side , seems a little more stable. My 4S does not have the set of holes in the lower portion of the transom mount. Not sure why Merc used different styles.
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!
    Dennis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast