Lower Francis Case

Not looking for any specifics, just a general idea to get started.;

I fish smallies a lot on Sharpe, but have never fished Lower FC.

I left Chamberlain last Saturday exploring, because the wind was excessive. Stopped at Snake Creek and that looked good to me. Ventured down to Platte Creek and that looked even better. Talked with the game warden there and asked him about Smallies and he suggested Pease Creek. Stopped at Platte Creek store and had late breakfast and the guy there said same thing as warden

Ventured down to Pease and decided to put in,even with the 3 ft rollers coming in. Lakemaster chip seemed excellent for there but I quit after one hour, as was nervous about running into some underwater structure and getting in real trouble with heavy waves coming in

Water temp was low 40s .

Am I on the right track? I'm thinking if it was late April, or May it would've been a better outing. I was hoping to explore down there, while Sharpe warmed up a bit but it looks like they are on about the same schedule.

Was it just too early?

2. Member
    You're on the right track. Those are all good areas for smallmouths. With the wind and water temps, it sounds like a tough bite, for sure. Never fished up there before mid-May, but I had great days for numbers and with an occasional 18" + mixed in while fishing in Pease Creek specifically....

3. Member
    Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. It looked like I could've went a long ways back into Platte Creek. I'll probably just stick with what I know and Sharpe, but it was pretty cool looking at new water.