Tracker TF 175 questions

Okay so my stupid iPhone thinks that fracker is the word I want to spell instead of the word Tracker (a word that has been in use since a human tracked an animal), but my post is in fact about a tracker. In the search for finding the perfect boat, I tend to analyze everything so here's the questions. There are some attributes of the tracker 175 TF that I like, and I have noticed a few year end deals with these. I would like to know if anyone has recessed the trolling motor foot control. Is it possible on this boat? I was told the tackle tray on the ranger rt178c got in the way which kept it from being possible on that model. The rod locker on the port side says 7 feet. Is it only 7 or will it squeeze anything over like a 7'2" or 7'6" rod? Is the locker on the starboard size full length(for use as a second for locker)? Can the drink trays on the front deck easily be removed? I tend to keep a fair number of rods on the deck and these look like they might get in the way. How many rods will the rod locker hold if put in rod sleeves and stacked in there. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ShallowWaterAngler; 04-13-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I would think you could put a tray in there but Im betting you will have to cut into the storage box like I did on my stratos which was not a big deal to do at all and it didnt cause any problems in mine.
    I know thats not the boat your talking about but I think you can do it.
    There use to be a guy on here with the TF model but I havent seen him on here in awhile.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

3. Member
    I have a 2011 PT 175TF...I can answer some of your questions...

Can't say as to the recessed tray. I would never do that as I have a wireless foot pedal (that I normally don't even have out) for my Xi5. I'm not sure if there are any structural pieces that would stop you or if it is just foam under the decking.

You could probably fit a slightly larger than 7' rod in the port rod locker...I only have 1 7'6" one, but it is collapsible. 7' rods fit fine.

The starboard locker is NOT as long as the port locker (solid front end where the starboard one doesn't have a full front end...only about half closed in). You could not store any normal sized rods (>5') in the sb side.

I don't think you would want to remove the roto-molded drink/storage pieces in the front as they cover up the wiring (trolling power line on the port side and everything else running to the front on the sb side) that comes out of the storage lockers and going into the bow area. I've never removed mine, but I'm pretty sure the wiring would be exposed if you did. The reason why the PT 175 TXW's don't have them is that their decks are a couple inches higher than the 175 TF and they have more room to run the wiring.

I have fit 10 or so rods in the port locker with rod sleeves / lure covers without any issues. Probably could fit more if I had more.

I liked the layout of the TF better than the TXW...my front seat pedestal sockets are front and back, not side-by-side like the newer models. I like the extra room that the rear most front pedestal socket gives you. The dual livewells work well for tournaments too. If you don't use one or the other, you can plug them up and use as extra storage. TFs do not have pump-out or re-circs in the livewells like the TXWs...you have to unscrew the overflow pipe to get them to drain (which is kind of a pain at the end of the day).
    Last edited by jb1970; 04-13-2016 at 08:31 PM.

2011 Tracker Pro Team 175 TF
    2011 Mercury 60hp Four Stroke (SN: 1C150894)
    Lowrance HDS 7 Gen2 Touch (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS 9 Carbon w/ SS3D module/transducer (Console)
    Motorguide Xi5 55lb 48" w/ Pinpoint & Gateway

4. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    Here are some answers to your questions as I have a 2014 Tracker Pro 175 TF.

You can do the recessed tray for the TM. I am in the process of purchasing one a doing it.

The port locker for the rods will hold rods larger than 7'. I have one 7' and two 7'6" rods I store in there, along with a couple of others. The starboard locker will not hold any rods as it is walled off at the front.

You can remove the cup holders up front. Its the best thing I have done to make more room on the front deck. There is not any wiring behind them, only carpet that has one fold in it. I removed mine last week.

My livewells work great. Mine does not have the pump out, but they do have the air reator built in on a timer for both livewells.
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2014 Bass Tracker 175TF w/ 75 Mercury

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Rigs-...11968965774371
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7...7y0GgICAVeTZww

5. Member
    OK...now you are going to make me remove my cup holders to look!

I've only felt up under the top of the storage lockers and felt the wiring go up through the deck under the (what I thought was) cup holders...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Rigs N Jigs View Post
    Here are some answers to your questions as I have a 2014 Tracker Pro 175 TF.

You can do the recessed tray for the TM. I am in the process of purchasing one a doing it.

The port locker for the rods will hold rods larger than 7'. I have one 7' and two 7'6" rods I store in there, along with a couple of others. The starboard locker will not hold any rods as it is walled off at the front.

You can remove the cup holders up front. Its the best thing I have done to make more room on the front deck. There is not any wiring behind them, only carpet that has one fold in it. I removed mine last week.

My livewells work great. Mine does not have the pump out, but they do have the air reator built in on a timer for both livewells.
    How many rods can you fit in the locker? My brother and I usually carry a dozen rods each. I was hoping to squeeze in roughly 18-20 rods.

7. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShallowWaterAngler View Post
    How many rods can you fit in the locker? My brother and I usually carry a dozen rods each. I was hoping to squeeze in roughly 18-20 rods.
    I typically have 6 in there, but there is more room for more.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

8. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1970 View Post
    OK...now you are going to make me remove my cup holders to look!

I've only felt up under the top of the storage lockers and felt the wiring go up through the deck under the (what I thought was) cup holders...
    Thanks,
    Stephen

9. Member
    I have a 2011 TF model as well. The issue with the rod storage is you start loosing room for all the rod tips for the rods longer that 7'. I usually put 8-10 rods in the locker, I would say at least 6 are over 7'. Plenty of room to do the recessed trolling motor, and I removed the front trays as well. The only complaint I have are the live wells for bass tournaments. They work really well, its the dumb points that hold the minnow buckets in place. Beats the crap out of the bass if they jump around. I got a great deal on the boat so I couldn't pass it up. Otherwise, great boat

10. Member
    I just purchased a 2014 TF. I cut the vinyl 12.5 inches forward of the center seat post. There a 4 self tapping screws in the outline of where my recessed tray was going to be. The best I can tell they are screwed into two aluminum hollow square tubes that run bow to stern. They start just aft of the front panel where the trolling motor plug is and the trim switch. Did you have to cut those aluminum supports to install your recessed tray????

11. Member
    glad to see some posts here on the tf model. i may be getting one of these boats in the next couple of months, and some of these questions are the same i had. please post plenty of pics and description of work done if you folks will.

12. Member
    bumping this thread up. i just got the boat thursday, and was able to fish out of it yesterday. i removed 1 of the cupholders, but it covers up an area that the deck wasn't cut flush against the side, and also hiding a not so pretty carpet job. i'm thinking i may get some sheet metal cut & carpeted to cover it up because that extra space would be valueable.

i'm very interested in the recessed pedal. that will probably be a job i pay to have done, as i'm not very mechanically inclined.

13. Member
    Did anyone ever install a recess foot tray on a 175 TF? I have a 2015 model I would like to do this to but I was told there are some braces in the way. Does anyone know for sure or a way to get around this if braces or support is in the way of installing?
    Last edited by sbiggs; 01-20-2019 at 10:30 AM.

14. Member
    I remember seeing someone on here posting about doing the job. There were braces under there if I remember right but the guy was going to fab something up to brace it. Maybe some time with the search tool may find the thread.

15. Member
    I have a 2021 pro175-TF no change from Stephen's 2014 model. I removed the plastic cup holders and got lots more room I think I will look online for a cup holder to fit next to the trolling motor plug there is dead space on both sides. Glad the cup holders are gone it let's me slide the rod tip in a safe place
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kennyt; 09-05-2021 at 08:19 PM.