Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmapes225 View Post
    If I said I spent 1500 a piece for 2- 12' Talons I would not be lying but you have to CALL a board sponsor and you will not be disappointed. I'm thoroughly satisfied with Talons and like what has already been said I did not want to deal with leaking hydraulic oil. It is not a matter of if but a matter of when oil is going to leak somewhere on a hydraulic system. I lost less then 2 mph and could not be more happy.
    Which Board Sponsor has them for $1500? I'm very interested.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JER-1 BIG BASS View Post
    Two 12' talons here
    Check out
    Big supply shop . Com
    I got my two 12' talons there last year for like 1600.00 bucks to my door each
    Bigsupplyshop.com does not have talons.
    They do not come up on their website.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

3. Member
    Offshore2005 what size talons are those?

4. Member
    Someone on here said talon goes up to 12ft but they have them in 15ft models now. But ive heard that talons get stuck on the bottom easily. Have heard of guys having to rock boat back forth to get them unstuck off the botto. But idk i dnt own either. Wish i did.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

5. Banned
    Here’s my thought. first off spend some of your money and get you a jack plate. A manual will be fine. Second, as a guy who has one power pole on my boat, get two or don’t get any. You won’t be happy with how one performs. Well let me re phrase that slightly. If your money only allows one then choose the ultrex instead. The poles are great, it if I could only get one then I would scrap that whole plan and get the ultrex. Just a thought coming from a guy who only has one pole on his boat.

That being said if I was starting from scratch on the poles I would get a 12’ talon. I have a 8’ power pole now, and have just been in way too many situations where it was long enough. The 10 footers just downright silly to me and they especially will in your boat since it’s slightly smaller than say a 21’ boat. Plus even the 10 footers are still two feet less than the talons.

Anyway just another perspective on things. Good luck with decision.

I ran a single 12' talon on my first boat it was great. I now run two blades on my boat there great. Pluses and minuses to all, if you want 12-15' of anchor your choice is simple. If 8-10' you have to decide hydrolic or electric drive. It's that simple or if you don't have room for pumps.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    I have two 10' Talons and love them! More versatile in that they have different modes, deeper depths, tilt brackets, and easily removable. I took the approach that if I'm going to spend $3000.00, I want the most bang for my buck and the Talons do this for me with the options stated above. I did not have room for two more pumps in my battery compartment and the tilt bracket was an advantage. I used to be one that couldn't justify getting poles or Talons because I don't do a lot of "Bed fishing". Now that I have them, I don't know how I got along without them. There are more uses for them than just shallow fishing (loading/unloading, re-tying, etc.) Very Pleased with my Talons. I did however, lose some speed (+/- 3 mph).

8. Member
    This is from 2016.... I think he made his decision by now
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12