Thread: putters

putters

Anyone have a putter recommendation for under 200? Been playing with my old ping isopur forever and two days, and kind of tired of it.

Was thinking of getting a odyssey works two ball putter, but open to suggestions.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

I know a ton of people who have gotten the TAylor Made Black Widow. They were raving about it, so I tried it. Bought one a coiple days later. Very stable putter and easy to line up. Super stroker grip is a necessity on any putter u buy
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Member
    There are lots of new Odessey putters under $200 at Callaway pre-owned

I played with a odyssey 2 ball for the longest time.
    Bought a Taylor Made ghost spider last year off eBay after trying out the TM daddy long legs. They are similar putters but the daddy long legs was over $200 where I picked up the ghost for $75 in mint condition and at 42" long.

Like John said, check out callaway preowned. They had big sales last weekend and are always having sales. Cally preowned has their spring test drive. Try it out and if you don't like it send it back for refund less shipping.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I played with a odyssey 2 ball for the longest time.
    Bought a Taylor Made ghost spider last year off eBay after trying out the TM daddy long legs. They are similar putters but the daddy long legs was over $200 where I picked up the ghost for $75 in mint condition and at 42" long.

Like John said, check out callaway preowned. They had big sales last weekend and are always having sales. Cally preowned has their spring test drive. Try it out and if you don't like it send it back for refund less shipping.
    Yea I meant the daddy long legs in my post. My mind was somewhere else
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

6. Member
    I'm a fan of Ping and Titleist putters

I have a TM Daytona Rossa I've had for a few years which I really like.

Putters are such an individual thing that you really need to go to a golfsmith or golf galaxy and try as many as they've got put out to find the one that feels best for you.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Anyone have a putter recommendation for under 200? Been playing with my old ping isopur forever and two days, and kind of tired of it.

Was thinking of getting a odyssey works two ball putter, but open to suggestions.
    You can buy pretty much any brand except Scott camaron for under 200. I have a mallet odessey white out, my dad has the Taylor made ghost putter. Go to golfsmith and play around. Your way of playing and feel is going to much different than ours

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    You can buy pretty much any brand except Scott camaron for under 200. I have a mallet odessey white out, my dad has the Taylor made ghost putter. Go to golfsmith and play around. Your way of playing and feel is going to much different than ours
    Wish I had a golfsmith anywhere close to play around at. I don't, I'm stuck with dunhams which has a 5ft putting green, doesn't really give you much feel for a putter. I can try out some putters at one of the course I play, but they are generally fairly high on clubs and I hate to do trials when I have no intention of buying from them.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

10. Member
    Find you a Cameron on Craigslist or eBay. Just figure out the head you want then start watching them both and you will get what you want for a good price. I was a class A pga member for years and I love Cameron's so for me their is no other option :)

11. Member
    I really like my see-more center shaft FGP, I actually just put on a super stroke 3.0 slim grip on it yesterday and just putting in my basement I really like it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Wish I had a golfsmith anywhere close to play around at. I don't, I'm stuck with dunhams which has a 5ft putting green, doesn't really give you much feel for a putter. I can try out some putters at one of the course I play, but they are generally fairly high on clubs and I hate to do trials when I have no intention of buying from them.
    The closest one to me is 3hrs away. So I also had to use a golf coarse pro shop for testing then went and bought the one I wanted once I found out work best for me