1998 200 vindicator

Hi Guys

i have a 1998 200 Vindicator E200STLECE, I was told to change the #2 high speed orifice to two sizes higher or from 67D to 69D because of a design flaw. Is there any truth to that and if so, where do I find one? I can find 69D but they are only listed for a 175hp motor, could that be the same one?

thanks
    pete

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It's not a design flaw it simply adds more fuel to the #2 cylinder to help cooling. While you are at it replace the carb drain plugs to the new style, this will prevent the HS orifices from backing out and causing a lean condition. All the service manuals have an orifice chart with the part numbers listed. The orifice for the High Speed is a D. You can order one from your dealer or from most online parts houses.

3. Member
    Thanks for your help, I'll order one from the dealer today. My drain plugs have already been changed, they have a slot on the end instead of being rounded.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Make sure you swap the orifice on the correct carb. #2 is top left facing the carbs.

5. Member
    Thanks ChampioNman.
    When checking the carbs I noticed that #5 was not opening all the way because one of the screws on the linkage was loose, should I have them synced?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You should be fine as long as they are all tight and opening together.