Question golf ball that you use...

How many of you try to find the best ball that work for your clubs? OR do you use xxx ball because that is what I have always used?

I ask this because I Bought some new clubs and since they were brand "A", I thought that the brand A golf ball would be best.. Not the case.

I use Titleist Pro V's exclusively. I find so many of them on the golf course that I just keep the Pro V's and give away all the others :) my main reason is the feel around the greens and knowing that my ball is going to stop when I want it to
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Member
    Pro V1. And I always use the long tees with a colored stripe on the tee box and in the fairway when no one is watching. Seriously, the two things in golf that you have complete control over is the type of ball you use and how high you tee ball everytime. I like the Pro V1's. Good balls to stick on the green, and I like their feel when pitching and chipping. Find a ball you like and try to use the same type consistently.

Snell- My tour ball.
    The guy who helped develope the Pro V and Taylor Made project (a) went out on his own last year. MTB is a lower compression urethane covered ball. $32 with free shipping.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

5. Member
    I use Bridgestone B330-RXS balls...anything else in my bag was found. I love everything about these, especially the feel! I like Pro-V1's also, but they're usually more expensive and I don't get any additional benefit over the Bridgestones

I have Srixon Q-stars that I start off with. Once I start losing balls I switch to some Tommy Armours that I buy at sports authority for very cheap. They always have a deal going on for 2 18 packs for like $16. Either that or I start using balls I find. I'm not very good so I don't notice as much difference with good vs. cheap balls.

I'm probably going to play chrome softs or prov1 x outs this year. Chrome softs are on sale for 31 a dozen, and like how they play.

Usually I play cheap balls, the best of the bunch is the wilson duo spin, much better than q-stars, or the gamers.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Bridgestone B330RX or RXS, depending on the course. I hit multiple balls on a launch monitor and that was the one I hit the best. If it is winter or below 50 degrees I will play the Callaway super soft.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. Member
    Buddy told me to try pro v1's. As I will keep it in the back of my mind that," this is a 4 dollar ball." And my brain will help in not losing the ball. I told him that will not work as I throw muskie baits all summer with the cheapest being about 20 bucks. BUT I was screwing around with some pro v's and boy do they spin great. I can get them to stop on the green.

10. Member
    The most expensive golf balls made are still the cheapest part of the game

11. Member
    NXT tour because they feel very simular to a pro v1 and are cheaper. If I cant find them then I'll but Calloway chrome

12. Banned
    I use a 3-piece ball as it's been the best for my game. Brand doesn't matter really, I just get what 3-piece I can find on sale for $20 a dozen or less. The difference in feel and greenside spin is pretty significant between a 2-piece and 3-piece.

I loaded up on these about 3 years ago and am still playing them:

Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow (clearance for $17/dozen)
    Top Flite Gamer (clearance for $15/dozen)

I've started playing Pro V1's the past year. OK, I'll admit it it's fun to watch my wedge/short iron shots back up on the green. I haven't noticed any issue with excessive side spin off the Tee. I usually find most of the balls I play with or I'll buy used at around $1.50 apiece. I would not pay full price for the balls, way too expensive.

14. Member
    SNELL-My Tour Ball
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

15. Member
    Pro V1. The most workable ball for me.