Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have clear SI/DI pictures of bass?

Just got my 93sv chirp units going, and these are my first units with SI/DI. So i'm still trying to learn everything. Would be nice to see some pictures of bass on others SI/DI to know what to look for and how to read these better. Thanks for any help.

I havnt seen any pics of the new models. But they just came out

3. Member
    Are they that much different then the non chirp models? I really didn't figure there was a major difference in a side image view if you had them side by side. I'm open to seeing the older units as well. Just trying to learn to read these at all.

Totaly new transducer. I know the gt50 on my 7610 was aweful, so I am curious how the GT52 does on down and side.

5. Banned
    there is nothing wrong with the GT50 or the sidevu it provides. If youre going to post your opinion at least post the whole story on why you feel that way so we can let them know our findings.

the gt50 will show slightly more detail on structure but the GT52 will show better fish returns.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 04-12-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Who ever said I had a bad transducer? Garmin engineers said it was working properly.

My images were the same as all the rest I see.

Sorry if I am not impressed.

7. Banned
    so they didn't exchange anything for you? I could pull up the old threads. you were not impressed with fish returns. the GT52 will improve on that.

There are some awesome images out there so I'm not sure what you have been looking at

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garmin...7628438217781/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garmin/
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 04-12-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    so they didn't exchange anything for you? I could pull up the old threads. you were not impressed with fish returns. the GT52 will improve on that.
    Troy, my images were the same as Dance's, could you get me a swap out of my GT50 for a GT52? I would love to give one a try. My GT50 is useless...

9. Banned
    define useless

define useless
    Look again at Bill Dance's video. My images were the same as the one he is so proud of. Those images just don't cut it...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=702945 Troy, would you approve of those images? I don't think so..

Yes they gave me a new unit and transducers because I insisted on it since they would not refund me. That way I could at least sell the new items and not take such a loss. As it was I lost over $500.

12. Banned
    so worthless in your opinion. guys the units are obviously capable of great images so the variables are your installs and conditions. you see the same thing with any brand. some installs and conditions produce better images than others.

if you were not happy with sidevu structure detail of the GT50, you won't be happy with the GT52 either. the only thing that needs some work IMO is the downvu. i'm assuming your talking about the same thing, since he shows no sidevu in that video. Im more than happy with the sidevu and I currently only have it on the trolling motor. There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but do everyone a favor and provide some detail, not just 'useless'. There always room for improvement on anything so let Garmin know what you think so they can work on it.

13. Member
    And to think when I saw all these reply's i thought I would have some pictures for viewing! Maybe I'll start a thread for GT50 VS GT52

so worthless in your opinion. guys the units are obviously capable of great images so the variables are your installs and conditions. you see the same thing with any brand. some installs and conditions produce better images than others.

if you were not happy with sidevu structure detail of the GT50, you won't be happy with the GT52 either. the only thing that needs some work IMO is the downvu. i'm assuming your talking about the same thing, since he shows no sidevu in that video. Im more than happy with the sidevu and I currently only have it on the trolling motor. There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but do everyone a favor and provide some detail, not just 'useless'. There always room for improvement on anything so let Garmin know what you think so they can work on it.
    I sent the Garmin Techs images of my 7610 with the GT50 & my Lowrance HDS 9 Touch with SS. I got a reply back asking the age old questions,"do you have the latest software", "where is your transducer mounted", etc.

The way I did this was first run over a know brushpile with the Lowrance. Then I ran over the same brushpile with the Garmin. My Lowrance transducer was on the transom, which in some cases have a little blockage on the port side. I, tilt my big motor up so I don't have this blockage. I then told the techs that my GT50 was on a transducer stick, made by Rickie Culp, and there was no blockage for this transducer in any direction.

After answering all their questions, they said they would look at the images more in detail. I have not heard from them since and really don't think I ever will. Maybe that, at this time, is best.

Troy, I won't bring this up on the board again. I will no longer beat a dead horse. I am real happy with the Panoptics, but my GT50 has been removed and stored.

I really do know how to set up transducers.

15. Banned
    maybe you got a bad one? sell it and try the gt52 but there is nothing wrong with the gt50. it is capable of excellent images of structure. the real complaint was the lack of fish returns. this was addressed with the gt52. the gt51 is also a great option and is the most powerful of the bunch. Ive got a support contact, just pm me

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Horton View Post
    And to think when I saw all these reply's i thought I would have some pictures for viewing! Maybe I'll start a thread for GT50 VS GT52
    You should be able to look at any of the gt52 images, but I'll try to find some 93sv chirp images

Everything else should be taken to another thread

All of these are salt water

http://www.thehulltruth.com/semperfi...-review-2.html

Here is a cast net going after some shad

Here is some stuff on the 94sv chirp

http://www.thehulltruth.com/semperfi...tutorials.html
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 04-12-2016 at 03:36 PM.

I guess Mr Dance has a bad transducer too.

Which are better the $500 unit or the $2500+ unit.

18. Banned
    The Garmin shows more detail but is a little fuzzy. You are also zoomed in on the Garmin section and the screen resolution does not carry over to screen shots. neither are as good as the lowrance gen 3 or the humminbird onix. If down imaging is a priority for you I'd say you made the wrong choice twice.

We should also move this discussion to another thread and quit hijacking the ops thread
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 04-12-2016 at 03:03 PM.

19. Banned
    Just to throw a wrench into things here's a review of the gt51. If you want pure power and even better sidevu results and range, its the way to go. The 260khz is awesome. You will sacrifice soft returns though. Transducer choice is all about trade offs

http://www.thehulltruth.com/semperfi...ld-review.html

20. Member
    Here are some sandbass....sorry, nothing cool on the bottom of my lakes to scan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast