Lightbulb Which Flashlite is best ?

I need to buy a flashlight for the boat and general use. I'm guessing 500 to 1000 lumens . I sometimes think regular batteries are more convenient then plugging everything in . Whats the one to buy ? thanks

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Lot of light. What are you trying to do? See where you are going or see to do things? 200 lumens will light up as far as you need to see unless you are running at speed.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I think a lot of the new lights have a high and low setting so you can do both of the things you suggested( what I'm doing and where I'm going)---I want a better light then the $5 ones . The new LED's can do a lot I'm told. I just don't which is the best for the buck . Looking for help on that

hard to beat the $20 price tag on the 3 pack of 250 lumen tasco flashlights at sams

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/tasco-xr5-f...t/prod16420024

5. Member
    Streamlight stinger led is one of the best light I have ever owned and lasted the longest out of any flash light I have ever had
    Phillipians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

6. Member
    I am a private home inspector and I am always looking for a better flashlight. Battery and bulb technology has really improved in recent yrs. Best light for under $100 that I have found if Fenix. After using it for a week I upgraded all my inspectors lights to the UC35.
    http://www.fenixlight.com/
    Last edited by bltnme; 04-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. Your experience with these lights is exactly what I'm looking for. I will be buying one of them. Just trying to get the best one !

8. Member
    Got these for 20-25$ black Friday at lowes

http://maglite.com/shop/flashlights/...l#.VwvGz03SmUk

9. Member
    I'm and LEO, and have used and seen many flashlights. Fenix builds an impressive flashlight for the price. I carry an LD10 (takes one AA)in my shirt pocket as a backup, and have an LD30 or LD40 (i believe that's the model, it's painted over) on my M4. The other flashlight I would suggest is the Streamlight Stinger LED, we issue them now as a primary light source and the LED has a long battery life before it needs a charge. I've learned, you get what you pay for in Flashlights.
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayc View Post
    I'm and LEO, and have used and seen many flashlights. Fenix builds an impressive flashlight for the price. I carry an LD10 (takes one AA)in my shirt pocket as a backup, and have an LD30 or LD40 (i believe that's the model, it's painted over) on my M4. The other flashlight I would suggest is the Streamlight Stinger LED, we issue them now as a primary light source and the LED has a long battery life before it needs a charge. I've learned, you get what you pay for in Flashlights.
    I second what he has said I have owned the stinger led and it was one of the best lights I have ever owned. I have also owned a Fenix and they are great lights as well but to me the streamlight stinger takes the top spot
    Phillipians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

11. Member
    I have used the streamlight stinger for many years in my auto shop.Great flashlight.

12. Member
    Also check out nitecore lights. I have several different sizes of them with no problems. Most use a 18650 size battery that is rechargeable. Most nitecore lights has a built in charging system that a simple cell phone charger will plug into.

13. Member
    I'm a little late posting this but, the ThruNite TN12 was the best LED flashlight for me. The light is available in "neutral" or "cool white." The neutral light output shows colors much better than the bluish tint of the cool white output. After seeing the difference, it's only "neutral white" LED flashlights for me in the future. ThruNite and Fenix are not cheap flashlights. The comparable Fenix was more expensive than ThruNite.

http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite%C2%AE...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

14. Member
    Voidhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by xpressboat87 View Post
    Streamlight stinger led is one of the best light I have ever owned and lasted the longest out of any flash light I have ever had
    Great light. My charger finally gave up after 7 years. Ordered a replacement charger for $22. Hope I get another 7 years out of it.

16. Member
    Zebralight and don't look back. Heavily tested in caves around the world. Nothing Tortures a light like caving.

Keven
    97 Gambler 209 TE
    Mercury Pro Max 200
    10\" Gambler Jack Plate

17. Member
    Fenix PD35
    Streamlight STYLUS PRO 360 PEN LIGHT
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded