Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question lithium batteries?

Curious if any you have had any experians with Smart Battery lithium batteries

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I can’t say I know about smart batteries. But I will say that our batteries over here at lithium pros are the best in the business. But don’t take my word for It. See what Ott DeFoe and Scott Martin have to say about them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will W/ Lithium Pros View Post
    I can’t say I know about smart batteries. But I will say that our batteries over here at lithium pros are the best in the business. But don’t take my word for It. See what Ott DeFoe and Scott Martin have to say about them.

I will not take the word of paid Pro Staff either.

4. Banned
    I agree. I'm sure they are better batteries but I'm not willing to gamble for $2500 for a 24v set up. I'm sure the prices will come down in the future.

I have had plenty of experience with smart battery, and the advice i will give you is dont do buisness with them period...they are crooks, and should not be allowed to do buisness in the state of florida...look them up on the better buisness site, and you will see what i mean...Kevin at Lithium Pros got me out of a real bad situation with smart battery, and he didnt have to do anything for me...First class guy in my book, and i aint no pro staffer...
    LD

6. Member
    Try this guy David Ginther he is a rep for K2 lithium batteries I put a set in my boat a month ago so far so good 336-253-4078 davidsk2batteries.com
    20XDC250PROXS

Quote Originally Posted by 40XDC View Post
    Try this guy David Ginther he is a rep for K2 lithium batteries I put a set in my boat a month ago so far so good 336-253-4078 davidsk2batteries.com
    How much did it cost out the door ?

8. Member
    1700 to my door for 2 12v no special charger needed as long as it has a AGM setting and it puts out 14.6v per bank your good. They weigh 18lbs each they have a built in led indicator on top of the battery. I fished a solid day and a half on them got back plugged them in and they were still showing 60% charge left in them. 5 hours of charge latter 100%
    20XDC250PROXS

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have never heard of them either which doesn't mean a hill of beans.

lithium batteries are expensive, and the warranty is only as good as the company behind it.

Lithium Pro is a well know company and has been in the business a while. I have ran them for 4-5 years and never had an issue. A little more money is piece of mind to me.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I have never heard of them either which doesn't mean a hill of beans.

lithium batteries are expensive, and the warranty is only as good as the company behind it.

Lithium Pro is a well know company and has been in the business a while. I have ran them for 4-5 years and never had an issue. A little more money is piece of mind to me.
    There was also a time when you have never heard of Lithium Pro's just saying. There not the only game in town!!!!!!!
    20XDC250PROXS

11. Banned
    there are others out there with better tech, cheaper prices and better warranty that lith pro

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    Who are the others???? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    relion lithium and lithium pro are sponsors here and have not heard ANYTHING BAD ABOUT EITHER

14. Banned
    I'm friends with LD and from what I've seen his Lith Pro batteries have held up very well. The only problem is mathematics. I just did the calculations for what LD advised I get. For the 18/18 (36 volts) and a 12 volt cranking battery I have to come up with approx. 5,699.00. However, I am going from 4 batteries to 3. Also, I'd be trading 4 batteries at 70 pnds EACH to 3 batt for a TOTAL of 92 pnds. That's 280 pnds vs 90 pnds. How do I get this past my wife???? She might kill me. She wants a new couch and new tile in the kitchen. Especially after I just bought a 112 fortrex over Christmas.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I agree. I'm sure they are better batteries but I'm not willing to gamble for $2500 for a 24v set up. I'm sure the prices will come down in the future.
    I agree, I can charge and change batteries many times before will spend that much money. To many people on here want to be on the cutting edge thinking it will give them an advantage. Good equipment is paramount but over expensive is idiotiot

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    One thing to keep in mind is that Lithium will charge much quicker, So you don't have to leave them plugged up overnight. Not sure what the expense of that is, If you fish once a week and leave the charger plugged in for a day or so.
    Less gas, quicker hole shot and better top end speed.

Hidden charges. With the stealth one charger you can most time not even have to plug them in to charge. If you are towing much to a lake, knocking out a couple hundred pounds save gas on getting there. Don't have to add water and keep checking the battery. Burn less gas and oil in your outboard. If they hold true that you can get 10 years with out swapping them every few years. I think its a break even and a whole lot less hassle.

Its more up front but in the long term, I think you will save money!!!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    call this guy and tell him I sent you

Michael Bergstrom
    www.RELiONBattery.com
    9868 Harrisburg Rd.
    Fort Mill, SC 29707
    Cell: 803.322.2595
    Office: 803.547.3522
    Fax: 803.547.3526
    Toll Free: 800.472.5583
    mbergstrom@relionbattery.com

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by western angler View Post
    I agree, I can charge and change batteries many times before will spend that much money. To many people on here want to be on the cutting edge thinking it will give them an advantage. Good equipment is paramount but over expensive is idiotiot
    My Gambler is cramped for space in the bilge area and I'm sick of having to rip out four 70-80 pnd batteries every time the bilge pump messes up. If I can afford avoiding that head ach then I'm all in. I just have to sell my wife on it. That might be more difficult then coming up with the cash!

19. Member
    Benn dead in the water 2X and both were with a lithium. Bought their charger followed guidelines to the letter.
    I will say Lithium Pros has excellent customer service.

My favorite TM batteries in over 30 years fishing are these:

http://www.vmaxtanks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that Lithium will charge much quicker, So you don't have to leave them plugged up overnight. Not sure what the expense of that is, If you fish once a week and leave the charger plugged in for a day or so.
    Less gas, quicker hole shot and better top end speed.

Hidden charges. With the stealth one charger you can most time not even have to plug them in to charge. If you are towing much to a lake, knocking out a couple hundred pounds save gas on getting there. Don't have to add water and keep checking the battery. Burn less gas and oil in your outboard. If they hold true that you can get 10 years with out swapping them every few years. I think its a break even and a whole lot less hassle.

Its more up front but in the long term, I think you will save money!!!
    You will never save enough to justify the upfront expense. Running a charger over night really equates to less than 12 hours. The cost of electricity will never be a factor. Hole shot, not an issue, fuel savings, not an issue. Even when you put them all together none of that will make them economically viable at current price.

The only "true" benefit is time between charge and that only comes into play if you don't have access to an outlet. Not sure how often that happens. The only other benefit is weight reduction leading to an increase in top speed. For most this is not a "true" benefit. Lots of hype, little return on investment.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast