Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D Dad View Post
    You guys using the minn Kota PC, how many amps per bank are you using on your lithium batteries?
    My 460 pc outputs 15 amps per bank. I have 3 banks set to AGM for my Battle Born's , and my 4th bank set to lead acid for my cranking battery.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R BEE View Post
    Ive got 4 Exide AGMs from Academy...they were $179 each...2 running Fortex 24v TM, one for starting & transom 360 imaging unit, one strictly for electronics (2 1199's and 2 Helix)...out of the 4 purchased 5 years ago, 2 went bad before 2 yr warranty, 2 after, all 4 had then been replaced within 3 years...now one of the TM batteries is dead again 2 years later...they seem to only last 2-3 years...I am in the market again..they now have an upgraded one that is $229 w/2 yr wrnty...I am also running 2 separate MK 230 pc's...one was removed from sold boat that was almost new, thats why we bought the 2nd.....what would it cost for one large 24v or two 12v and would it work with those chargers?
    I sent you a pm.

3. Member
    i dont see the point of lithium marine batteries for guys that dont make their living on the water.

my solar panel style 100ah trolling batteries are on year six and cost less than $200 a pop and are maintenance free. i never had anything last more 3 years before.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    i dont see the point of lithium marine batteries for guys that dont make their living on the water.

my solar panel style 100ah trolling batteries are on year six and cost less than $200 a pop and are maintenance free. i never had anything last more 3 years before.
    Well, tell us the brand and stuff

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Well, tell us the brand and stuff
    mine are power patrol. i think interstate bought them out.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

Running lithium for everything on my big boat...4 Relion RB80AH charged with a reprogrammed dual pro. They have been flawless, and you can't run the damn things down...at least not in two days of fishing in a power hog Ranger. Do they make sense financially for anyone...well hell no...but they are awesome, and of you have the coin..what the hell.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Running lithium for everything on my big boat...4 Relion RB80AH charged with a reprogrammed dual pro. They have been flawless, and you can't run the damn things down...at least not in two days of fishing in a power hog Ranger. Do they make sense financially for anyone...well hell no...but they are awesome, and of you have the coin..what the hell.
    That's the way I see it.

8. Member
    I run lithiums and realize that cost savings can't be justified. If you trailered 5000 miles a year, and got am extra 1 mpg, you would save 120 bucks a year on gas. Peanuts in comparison.

I've been happy with both of my 36 volt lithium pro batteries, although I did notice one bulging and called them last week. 1 month out of warranty and they can't do anything about it (4 year warranty)
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

9. Member
    That’s the down side if something like that happens. I’m not rich by any stretch but the ability to change my setup with battery location while adding a battery and still be lighter is justification for me.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    That’s the down side if something like that happens. I’m not rich by any stretch but the ability to change my setup with battery location while adding a battery and still be lighter is justification for me.
    Agree. Now that they've finally been out a while we will start seeing the real longevity of them. Not that I think they will all fail but there won't be many people wanting to risk 1k or more for a battery that will fail in the same time as a $300 battery.

11. Member
    Im running lithium pro 36v batteries for my troller and a 100ah hp relion starter .. the trolling batteries work great.. im having trouble firing my merc below 30 deg..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    Im running lithium pro 36v batteries for my troller and a 100ah hp relion starter .. the trolling batteries work great.. im having trouble firing my merc below 30 deg..
    I run the same setup and have the same problem below 30*. Hasn't failed yet but still concerning.

13. Member
    Ive had them fail me 4 days in a row of 28 deg weather..once the sun comes up and warms things up a bit the motor fires right up and no problems after that. I need to call relion this week.

I am wondering the same thing as one of the earlier posters was wondering. Will a single 24 volt battery run a trolling motor for 8 hrs? I run a older Allison and I have it weighed down big time with 31 series batteries, power poles, chargers and a ton of tackle/rods. If I could get rid of three 70# batteries and replace them with two 35# batteries. I would make it happen! I could shed 140 pounds. I bet that would be good for several more miles per hour for me. So, does any one know if a single 24 volt Lithium will run a troller for 8 hrs?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I am wondering the same thing as one of the earlier posters was wondering. Will a single 24 volt battery run a trolling motor for 8 hrs? I run a older Allison and I have it weighed down big time with 31 series batteries, power poles, chargers and a ton of tackle/rods. If I could get rid of three 70# batteries and replace them with two 35# batteries. I would make it happen! I could shed 140 pounds. I bet that would be good for several more miles per hour for me. So, does any one know if a single 24 volt Lithium will run a troller for 8 hrs?
    I can use a single 36 volt 40AH all day. I do have a charge on the fly charger that comes off the motor so I'm sure that helps. I rarely end up bringing my 2nd lithium so it just sits in my garage
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
    I can use a single 36 volt 40AH all day. I do have a charge on the fly charger that comes off the motor so I'm sure that helps. I rarely end up bringing my 2nd lithium so it just sits in my garage
    I am the same way. I have a 2nd one on order but I have fished all day on a single 40 AH and never had it drop below 39 volts. I use the Stealth Charger too, and no doubt that helps, but no problem making the day.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

17. Member
    I run a 24V 75FW motorguide. Just finished fishing a week at Toledo Bend. I run two 50AH 12 volt batteries. They weigh 15lbs a piece. They performed flawlessly. Fished on speed 1-3 depending on wind. That's fishing 8-10 hours. Very good decision for me going with such small lithium batteries.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345