Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Power in = power out. I'm no EE, but I would imagine that the electrical consumption when charging is identical to any other battery. Unless there is some charger efficiency that is better with the lithium, but I doubt that.

The rest of the conversation is interesting. For somewhere between 4 and 5 times the cost of a conventional AGM 4 battery setup, you save 200-250lbs of weight. In my experience, the conventional batteries will last between 3-5 years if properly maintained. Assuming they only last 3 years, and the most expensive batteries are still 4 times cheaper than lithium, it still makes sense to go conventional. I can have 12 years of reliable conventional batteries for the same money, for the cost of 200+ lbs in my boat. 2 more years of batteries by my assumptions is worth $883.00. Is it worth $883.00 for 200+ lbs of wieght reduction? To some it will be. For most though, the extra upfront money combined with the skepticism over the 10 year life will have people in the wait and see category. Once this option is deemed reliable and only 3 times more expensive than traditional, it will be a no brainier.

(Assumptions: AGM 4 battery set is between $1000-$1350 and lasts 3 years minimum, comparable lithium set is 5600 and lasts 10 years minimum)
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Except no one has proven they last 10 years and if taken care of the agm setup will go 5-7 years easy

3. Banned
    ive got 5 on my agm's right now. im expecting at least 15 of the the lith

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewn.beef View Post
    Except no one has proven they last 10 years and if taken care of the agm setup will go 5-7 years easy
    I don't necessarily disagree. I haven't personally seen 7 years, but fully expect my batteries to last 5. A lot of the fisherman I have talked to vary between the 3-5 range depending on use and maintenance practices. The point I was trying to make is that using very conservative estimates for the AGM side, and avertised estimates for the Lithiums, it still doesn't make financial sense to go with Lithium. If they do work as advertised, then there certainly is a market for people trying to eek out every MPH or those with money burning holes in their pocket. For the average person, this doesn't make sense. Yet.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Agreed in few years when more then few companies are makeing the lithium batts the price will drop i believe significantly
    i am a fat guy so taking few hundred pounds out of boat skeeter which is ass heavy from gas tanks in back sounds great but not great enough to throw money away at it

I have a tin with a jet and because of three group 29s in the rear it sits low in the water at rest. With lithiums it would sit much more level and further out of the water, this is helpful in drifting rivers and getting up on plane with the reduced output of a jet. I wouldn't buy them for it but there are guides that would just because of this and it may allow them access to water that others can't get to.

7. Member
    There is definitely some great pluses to lithium if i was guide or could wright them off on taxes some how i would own them

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    First you tell her the original estimate, then you call the guys at Relion and say look honey, I just saved $1,500.
    One 100ah 12v cranking battery and three 12v 80ah trolling motor batteries (for a 36v setup) would cost around $1,500 less. You get 20AH extra for your trolling motor and an extra couple years on the warranty.
    One extra year of warranty. If you read it the batteries have to be monitored and the last 90 cycles or so saved to it. It also becomes their property when you send it back to them.
    Both are very good batteries. Just depends on how much room you have in your pockets and bilge area. I would talk to both companies and see how you feel about each.

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    That monitoring deal is just for the 8 year warranty that Relion offers.
    Doesn't state that on their website. Nothing either about a 8 year warranty.

10. Member
    I just bought a set of Relions a couple months ago and it had a 6 year warranty. Looks like it has dropped to 5 years. I certainly hope it's not due to longevity issues.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    [COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 69.019610%, 31.372550%)]RELiON Battery 5 year Warranty:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(14.117650%, 25.098040%, 38.039220%)]All warranty considerations are the same as RELiON 5 year warranty.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(14.117650%, 25.098040%, 38.039220%)]System must be monitored with recorded data history. Battery monitors are readily availablefrom many manufacturers. Some systems (inverters, controllers and chargers) are capableof storing charge and discharge history as well.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(14.117650%, 25.098040%, 38.039220%)]Data should consist of voltage and amperage during charge and discharge.
    A history of latest 90 cycles/days must be stored and documented for review.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(14.117650%, 25.098040%, 38.039220%)]Battery application, sizing, charge and discharge currents and other related systems must beapproved by a RELiON Power Pro. [/COLOR]

Last Page

http://RELiON Battery 5 year Warrant...iON Power Pro.

12. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    It says on the website "5 years for unmonitored lithium-ion batteries". I called Michael Bergstrom from Relion and confirmed that info, as well as the info regarding the 8 year warranty for monitored batteries.
    Standard warranty is now 5 years, that being if the batteries are unmonitored. For everyone with batteries that are monitored and are using an approved charger the warranty is 8 years. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Relion Lithiums.

13. Member
    What are the approved chargers accepted for the Relion Batteries??
    2017 Legend V20

14. Member
    Dual pro programmed with Relion algorithms.

15. Banned
    i was lucky to get 6 on mine without monitoring

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    Standard warranty is now 5 years, that being if the batteries are unmonitored. For everyone with batteries that are monitored and are using an approved charger the warranty is 8 years. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Relion Lithiums.
    Oops.. sorry hunter I replied to the wrong post.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by CSmith View Post
    What are the approved chargers accepted for the Relion Batteries??
    Nice speaking with you today.
    I got it right this time...

MK345 for my 3 Battle Borns

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

My Optima TM AGMs are over 7 years old and still going. They weigh 38 pounds each. $225.00 each to replace.
    AGM Cranker is going on 4 years old and still strong. 59 pounds. $330.00 to replace.
    135 pounds total weight. $780.00 total cost to replace (one day).
    Lithiums with similar specs weigh 61 pounds (1-12, 1-24) and costs $3800.00 (for the brand I checked).
    I’m sorry, but spending over $3,000.00 more on batteries to save 70 pounds just doesn’t make fiscal sense to me. Hell, most of us could lose well more than half that weight in tackle and miscellaneous “stuff” and never miss it. And 70 pounds makes little difference in the overall performance of my boat, and no difference at all when towing. I’ve run and fished out of it with 2-3 rods, a couple of Planos, and a few plastics vs. my normal load of fishing tackle and misc. stuff. Didn’t near justify the cost difference.
    I think lithiums are an extraordinary develop in battery technology, and the weight savings and promised additional longevity is definitely a good selling point. And when the prices drop 65-70% I’ll be looking hard at putting them in my bilge.
    Just not anywhere near what I consider a reasonable price point at this time.
    Buy what you like, like what you buy.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

20. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Lithium Pro has a 24 volt set up.
    https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/...n-battery-kit/

This set up would save you 99Lbs and cost you 1719.00 difference. Now that doesnt include a AC charger, you can get one of the stealth1 AC charger. They list both chargers at around 10Lb so maybe another 5 on to the weight and a couple hunred more for the AC charger.

So with a AC charger less than 2K and savings of 94-95 lbs.

Weight savings is more of a player on 36 volt systems with a 4 bank charger.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast