Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Supreme Ultimate Bunk Boards

Hello BBC...

I was considering Ultimate Bunk Boards for replacement on my trailer (for a 2008 Skeeter 180ZX), but read that flexing on these boards were of concern to other users.

Their new website shows the Supreme model, using aluminum rails for added support, which looks like a good idea.

https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

Any users able to provide feedback?

Might be overkill for my small boat (?), but I'd rather be safe than sorry...hope to do this one time only...

Thanks BBC...

Boyo
    Last edited by boyo; 04-01-2016 at 08:25 PM.

The extruded aluminum stiffeners are a great addition to stiffen them up! Quickly doubles the price of a pair of boards, but expected with that solution.

3. Member
    Original poster here...still considering this option...Supreme Ultimate Bunk Boards...hoping for an update from the BBC crowd...anyone else pulled the trigger on these? Reviews??

Thanks folks...Boyo.

4. Member
    Looks like they would be ultra easy to install. Easy enough that if you measured you could probably go to the oat ramp and swap your new ones on in 30 minutes or so.

I always worry that the plastic on gel coat will end up scratching if there is dirt on the boat or bunks. With carpet there's someplace for the dirt to go.

5. Member
    Agreed on easy install...just need to ensure my brackets have the mounting holes at 2” center as required.

Hate to be the guinea pig on these; lots of speculation on how they will perform, but still looking for some real world experience, especially with the Supremes.

Searched this site and others...still coming up empty.

I want these to work...so that my next bunk replacement is my last.

I don’t power load, am ok with keeping hooked until boat is in water...just worried about the potential for scratching the hull.

Maybe while my boat is sleeping this winter, I can find some positive feedback and order in spring.

Fingers crossed...thanks folks...

I put them on my 25ft Mako CC and loved them. Just had to make sure the bow strap was secure loading and unloading as the boat will slide right off on the ramp. When loading on a steep ramp I would leave my motor in gear while I walked to the bow to secure the strap. If not the boat would slide back off the trailer. I never picked up any scratches.

I would also feel that you could put carpet on these boards if so inclined. The boards should last forever.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Nice...that’s encouraging to hear...thank you for the feedback.

8. Member
    Don't count on just popping old bunks off at the boat ramp. There are many opportunities for the old ones not to just unbolt, stuck and rusted hardware among others.

9. Member
    Oh. I would definitely bring a battery powered dremel and a bunch of cut off wheels. Better living through technology!

10. Member
    Original poster again...boat is almost ready to come out of winter storage, and I think I need to replace bunks this year.

Anyone with insight on Ultimate Supreme Bunk Boards on a fibreglass boat?

Would love to hear from another user....thanks BBC...

Looking for information on these as well.

Concept seems nice and easy to install
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boyo View Post
    Original poster again...boat is almost ready to come out of winter storage, and I think I need to replace bunks this year.

Anyone with insight on Ultimate Supreme Bunk Boards on a fibreglass boat?

Would love to hear from another user....thanks BBC...
    Be our guinea pig!!!

I bet they work. I heard they are slick, but I fish alone most of the time so I think that would be a plus for my heavy Ranger.

Buy them and let everyone know.

13. Member
    Thanks for the encouragement bass806...but I still have my reservations.

Lots of speculation, but looking for actual experience...especially on the issue of scratching: my biggest concern.

My other concern is having the 2” centres on mounting brackets; I think I’m slightly off.

14. mikesxpress
    Enough information on BBC about Gatorbak bunks which eliminates the guinea pig program.

15. Member
    Thanks...understood Gatorbak remains an option, but I like the idea of eliminating wood as well.

16. mikesxpress
    Use KDAT wood and you will never have to replace it.

For what it's worth I looked long and hard at them and the gatorback. I went back with treated lumber and heavier carpet with my own modifications to eliminate a few problems.

18. Banned
    What's wrong with pressure treated wood and bunk carpet like the factory installed? Those bunk boards don't look cheap, seems like a waist of money to me. But that's me. Probably can do the full trailer for a fraction of what those cost.

19. Member
    The Supreme Ultimate Bunk Boards appear to be a better technology than wood and carpet; simply looking for some real world experience to validate.

I like the idea of the slickness, plus the appeal of this being my last ever bunk replacement...with zero wood rot concerns.

Appreciate the comments on the more traditional options, just hoping for some insight on this newer take on bunks...thanks folks...

I had Ultimates on 2 ZX200s without any issues...50 gallons fuel and full T load...
    now much better with reinforcement...at least get outers first and judge for yourself...

Its past time all boat makers offer these as an option...its 2018, not 1970...LED lights were a quick change, why not synthetic boards???

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast