Question TO PAD OR NOT TO PAD ?

IM GOING TO RECARPET MY 97 SKEETER AND WAS THINKING WEATHER I SHOULD PUT PADDING UNDER OR NOT ?

2. Member
    The general consensus around here is that those who have done it seem to really love it and those who haven't done it, which they had. It's on my list to do when I get time. Lots of folks get it from bassboatseats.com but you can shop around for closed cell foam. I thing the bassboatseats.com is 1/4" memory foam.
    1993 Stratos 280 SF
    1993 Johnson 150 Sliver Star

Reel Peachy - 1993 Stratos Transom Rebuild Project

3. Member
    Thanks I'll check it out!

4. Member
    I just finished recarpeting my 2000 Triton TR-186. I put pad on both the front and back deck. I have not had it out fishing yet, but based on how good it feels just to sit or kneel on it, I would definitely say "yes" to padding. I bought it from bassboatseats.com.

If you put padding in, you need to compensate on your carpet cuts. Just remember to leave a little extra carpet to make up for the 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so of length that the padding takes. Also, you may want to not run your padding all the way to the edge of your compartment lids or deck so that the carpet will have a little bit of "slope" or taper to it as it reaching the edge. Good luck!

5. Member
    100% love the pad! Wouldn't go without it. Kind of like a talon or power pole once you have it you wouldn't do without. Sooo much cooler and much softer on the feet...It really does make a big difference.
    Check out my install:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=680800
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by put1in; 04-03-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

6. Member
    Illiniturf,
    I too got my padding from Bassboatseats.com my question is which side goes down and which side faces up? One side is white while the other side is blackish gray. Any help would be greatly appreciated.