Z-7 Livewell plug

I have a hard time pulling the plug in my livewell cant get my fingers in that little space anyone modified theirs to make this easier. Can use the pump out but that sometimes makes a mess or gets my neighbor all wet I like being able to pull a plug

Take a 5/8ths plug and plug it from the outside!!
    Thats what I did... Then I just leave the inside one out Also if you push in the Red Sprayer in and hit recirculate it will pump it out without removing the plug

3. Member
    Tie a rope on it

4. Member
    guess I should have said cant push it in easy either

LIKE I SAID.... PLUG IT ON THE OUTSIDE!!! All the holes the Transom the one nearest the drain Plug

6. Member
    Or you can get one of those lever action plugs from bass pro or local marina. They are way easier to pull out and I think they're more water tight. Those cheap plastic ones that come with the boat always have the o rings break anyways.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    I picked up one of these, no problems getting it in or out. http://www.basspro.com/Floating-Live...product/39745/

8. Member
    I put a live well drain plug valve on my 2013 z 7 it works great

I noticed the same thing on my Z-7....very hard to get the plug in and out.

Here is what I have to do. To get the plug in, I wet the little ring around the plug with saliva, then I have to go "behind" the live well and put my hand in from that way. Your palm kind of covers that screen filter and allows you to get a finger on it. I also noticed that the "hoop" of the plug must face 1 O'clock / 7 O'clock for it to go in. It wont go in if it faces any other way. As I insert the plug I'm twisting a bit as well.

Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 Nitro Z-7, 150 Mercury OptiMax Pro Xs, 21P Tempest Plus Prop, DC, 1198 Humminbird at bow, 998 Humminbird on console, 36V Minn Kota #112, Tandem Axels, Bluewater LED's on boat and trailer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gderks View Post
    I put a live well drain plug valve on my 2013 z 7 it works great
    what would that be

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyrods View Post
    I noticed the same thing on my Z-7....very hard to get the plug in and out.

Here is what I have to do. To get the plug in, I wet the little ring around the plug with saliva, then I have to go "behind" the live well and put my hand in from that way. Your palm kind of covers that screen filter and allows you to get a finger on it. I also noticed that the "hoop" of the plug must face 1 O'clock / 7 O'clock for it to go in. It wont go in if it faces any other way. As I insert the plug I'm twisting a bit as well.

Hope this helps!
    Then do the Hoki-Poki and dance all around. This is crazy. You must have the wrong drain plug.
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

I installed a Flow-rite live well drain valve in my Z-7,got fed up with the factory plug.

13. Half Fast
    I have a 2013 z7 and I went this morning and bought two 5/8 inch marpac plugs. They are too small and three quarters is too large. I live in a little town and I was lucky to find those. Guess I'll work towards somewhere in the middle
    Fishing, A passion my wife allows me to pursue !!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I picked up one of these, no problems getting it in or out. http://www.basspro.com/Floating-Live...product/39745/
    That's the same plug I bought. Works great.

15. Dogfish_Jones
    Gee guys, and if you fix that problem then you won't have skinned up knuckles and a brusied wrist. I really, really hate putting mine in. I always have my co-angler do it, then I get to hear him cuss and rant and rave. I just turn away and put a big smile on my face..........

16. Half Fast
    Mine wound up being 3/4 . the first plug I bought was in the wrong bin. I'm a happy camper now.
    Fishing, A passion my wife allows me to pursue !!!